Easy way to put a canoe on the roof of my RV?

Started by Grog, March 31, 2018, 09:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grog

We have been camping at a local state park that has some nice lakes.  I would love to bring
my 16 'canoe with us so we can enjoy the lakes in the park.  I don't want to tow a trailer for it
which leaves putting it up on the roof.  I'll be doing this by myself and short of dragging it /
Muscling it up on the roof I was wondering if anybody else has an easier way to do this. 
I have a 77 class c with a new wooden roof and plenty of steel supports in it.

Froggy1936

The easiest way would be to lay the camper on its side, Then lash the canoe in place then tip the camper back onto its wheels .  I reccomend removeing all the dishes first .  :)rotflmao :)rotflmao :)rotflmao :)rotflmao :)rotflmao Frank
"The Journey is the REWARD !"
Member of 15 years. We will always remember you, Frank.

LJ-TJ

TerryH

Quote from: Froggy1936 on March 31, 2018, 01:35 PM
The easiest way would be to lay the camper on its side, Then lash the canoe in place then tip the camper back onto its wheels .  I reccomend removeing all the dishes first .  :)rotflmao :)rotflmao :)rotflmao :)rotflmao :)rotflmao Frank

Too funny, Frank! :)rotflmao :)rotflmao :)rotflmao
It is not our abilities that show what we truly are - it is our choices.
Albus Dumbledore

Grog

I shouldn't have to empty the black water tank when I do that right Frogger??
:P :D

Grog

I do like the trapeze system , I'll have to give it some thought and come up with my own version of it

TerryH

Quote from: Grog on March 31, 2018, 05:38 PM
I shouldn't have to empty the black water tank when I do that right Frogger??
:P :D

Depends on which side you lay it on. Hm? Hm?
It is not our abilities that show what we truly are - it is our choices.
Albus Dumbledore

joanfenn

you should be ok as long as you close the lid on the toilet :)rotflmao

Grog

I know, I'll plug  the sinks, and then pressurize the tank .  the high pressure air will hold it all in