Please pray for my dog Paladin.

Started by ClydesdaleKevin, March 29, 2018, 02:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ClydesdaleKevin

Sorry I haven't been on here in a long while.  PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE pray for my dog Paladin.  He is a 4 year old German Shepherd, and is VERY VERY sick.  He has Valley Fever AND a severe lung infection.  It is touch and go right now.  He is the SWEETEST boy and my very best friend.  He is my best little man and needs all the prayers he can get.  Thanks everyone!!!  Kev. 

Kev and Patti, the furry kids, our 1981 Ford F-100 Custom tow vehicle, and our 1995 Itasca Suncruiser Diesel Pusher.

joanfenn

So sorry to hear that Kevin.  Sending good wishes and prayers your way :(

Rickf1985

Prayers sent Kevin. It is so hard when they depend on us for care but they can't tell us what hurts. And they never complain. Hoping for the best.

ClydesdaleKevin

Thanks everyone!!!  He seems to be doing better today.  His body temperature is staying normal without any NSAID medications, and his appetite is slowly returning.  He ate 3 small cans of dog food so far today, and most of a breakfast sandwich.  Looks like the 2 very strong antibiotics they have him on are starting to work!  It is going to be a long road though, since he also has Valley Fever and there is a lot of fluid in his lungs.  Kev
Kev and Patti, the furry kids, our 1981 Ford F-100 Custom tow vehicle, and our 1995 Itasca Suncruiser Diesel Pusher.

joanfenn

Give him a scratch for me and Karli needs some love also.  She is probably wondering why her big brother doesn't want to play right now

Rickf1985

You are about to be on the road again aren't you Kevin? Or did you already move to your next venue? That will be tough on him too not being able to move around and get that fluid out. Hope he is over the worst of it. Keep us posted.

ClydesdaleKevin

We have one more weekend here in Arizona, and then leave here next Friday.  Resting in the RV is the best thing for him right now, so the trip to Oklahoma should be fine.  We'll take it easy and stop a lot.  He's drinking a lot of water and peeing like a race horse, so that is a good thing!  Kev

ClydesdaleKevin

Quote from: joanfenn on March 29, 2018, 08:39 PM
Give him a scratch for me and Karli needs some love also.  She is probably wondering why her big brother doesn't want to play right now
LOL!  Karli is more upset that Paladin is getting all the attention and special food.  Karli don't have a compassionate bone in her body when it comes to her brother...even Sampson, our 16 year old grumpy cat, is being nice to Paladin, laying next to him and licking his ears (and he's usually a terror to both pups).  But not Karli!  She's a little butthead...lol.  Kev

ClydesdaleKevin

He is still doing awesome!  Body temp still normal.  Won't eat dog food but sure loves the steak right now...lol! Thank you for your prayers!!!  Kev

joanfenn

Rickf1985

You get him spoiled on steak and he will never want to go back to dog food! Shepherds are exceptionally smart.

Elandan2

Hmmm. Kinda reminds me of the 101 Dalmations movie. Exactly WHO are the pets? Glad to hear he's doing well!!
Rick and Tracy Ellerbeck

HandyDan

Isn't Paladin a Missouri dog, or was that Karli?  Actually, I think it was Karli.  Missouri dogs are very resilient.  I see you are dragging a 98 Cherokee.  Somehow I missed that transition from the Chevy K5 Blazer.  Haven't heard much from you lately. I have some friends from southern Arizona that said they attended the Faire [I can't spell Renaissance] and enjoyed it very much, however, they didn't remember seeing your display.
1984 Holiday Rambler
1997 Newmar Kountry Star

ClydesdaleKevin

Thank you everyone SO much for your prayers for Paladin!  He had his follow up X-rays today, and his lungs are clear!  His white blood cell count is still high, but much lower than it was, so he will still be on antibiotics for 2 more weeks...but he gained 4 lbs!!!  He is on the mend!  Thank you everyone SO MUCH!!!  Kev

Rickf1985

Good news, is he back on his food yet or did you permanently spoil him on steak? W%

joanfenn

wooohoooooo  way to go Paladin.  You rock dog :)clap .  Tell mommy and daddy to give you a big hug for me :) :)clap