Awning for '73 D20 Brave

Started by srosa707, March 28, 2018, 06:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

srosa707

Hello all.  My Brave did not come with an awning and after using it a handful of times we really would like to get one.  A friend says his attaches to the drip rail on top but a previous owner replaced the roof of my rig and I don't think I have the same driprail.  Can someone please post pictures of the attachment points on their rig?  The local RV store is advertising a Dometic unit and it looks good but I dont trust anyone to mount it if I am missing pieces.  Thanks in advance.

LJ-TJ

Is there any channel along the roof of you rig. It should look like a piece of pipe that's got a slice along one side. That's where the one end of the awning slides into. If it's  just a trim piece then you'll need to purchase another type of channeling.

srosa707

If you can see it in the full vehicle pic in this thread, a previous owner replaced the roof and added  a different trim piece to the top.  I don't think it is a factory piece so I feel like I might have to mount it to the side?

http://www.classicwinnebagos.com/forum/index.php/topic,13994.msg85405.html#msg85405

LJ-TJ

It looks like some one put a rubber roof on your rig in which case there is a special awning track you need. If you call SANDS RV in Ohio I know he us to carry it. If your any were around White Pigeon Mi. I know they carry it.

srosa707

Pulled the RV from storage and snapped a better pic of the upper rail.  I am assuming someone added this  i??

yellowrecve

You may have a problem finding wood to attach to that far down below the molding. Try to check that out.
RV repairman and builder of custom luxury motor homes, retired, well, almost, after 48 years.