Fuel pump for Onan 4.0 BFA

Started by 78BraveGuy, February 24, 2018, 11:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

78BraveGuy

The fuel pump quit working for my Onan 4.0 BFA-1R/16020A generator in my '78 Itasca.  It is a Walbro 12V WEP 12.  I have not had much luck trying to cross reference this pump to a suitable replacement model.  Will any low psi (~4-5 psi) pump work?  Does anyone know a direct replacement that will work on this model generator?

Thanks, Brian

Froggy1936

Hi Brian If you look on Amazon they have all types and sizes , I use one of those small 4lb press for my Gen It handles it no prob !  Frank
"The Journey is the REWARD !"
Member of 15 years. We will always remember you, Frank.

LJ-TJ

Here what I replaced mine with and she's been working just fine. Hm?

TerryH

And TJ's says 'made in the USA' on the pump body. Definitely a plus over offshore crap.
It is not our abilities that show what we truly are - it is our choices.
Albus Dumbledore

78BraveGuy

Froggy1936

https://www.amazon.com/GoodQbuy-Universal-Standard-Automotive-Electric/dp/B06WD6SSZM/ref=sr_1_19?s=automotive&ie=UTF8&qid=1519671267&sr=1-19&keywords=electric+fuel+pumps  This  is what i use $25.00 cheap enough to buy 2 and have a spare !I dont know what happened to link print size but clicking on it still works Computors suck !  Frank :(
"The Journey is the REWARD !"
Member of 15 years. We will always remember you, Frank.

Sasquatch

My Onan pump quit many years ago.  I mounted a high quality universal pump near the tank and a good filter in the generator compartment.  Ran the wires to the new pump.  Has worked flawlessly for over 20 years, much better than the OEM pump.