Sharp nosed Winnebago

Started by postman, February 19, 2018, 02:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

postman

Hello,

After many months of searching for documentation/manuals, I have found woefully little. There's a little dealing with the "77" chassis, my being titled as '78. Nothing has been exact. For instance, my fuse box my "Horn" fuse is in the upper right position. No diagram has matched coach or even depicts a 12 vdc source other than a converter. An original issue "wiper motor" never mentioned except in a post here on an "eyebrow" where the solution was complete removal of the dash. There was one reference into cutting an "access" door, but only that just the mention.

On another forum a member called mine a "Sharp Nose". That seemed relevant, very relevant. When I went to refer the thread I wrote about my coach at a referencing site I was banned for posting that link. So that is as far as "Sharp Nose" got.

This all leads up to a question. Mine being branded "ITASCA". Mine has no eyebrow. And upon close inspection the nose below the windshield trim appears to be assembled in 4 quadrants. I have a memory as old as this coach of a motor and trans removal in a winnebago of the entire front being removed for access at a GM dealer and the customer cussing a blue streak.

Do any manuals have picture illustration or are they all text description often wrong? I would by an illustrated manual. Rule of thumb is Missouri "show me"

postman

Forgot to mention, all the different fuse boxes had the same part number embossing, just another quirk. Starting to remind me of Jcash cadillac song...

postman

Hello again, perhaps my best course is to ask if anyone has a manual with an illustration of the wiper motor mounting. Then, post a picture of the illustration with foot note of source.

Oz

These are technical questions.  They should be posted on the corresponding message board.  The general board is for general discussion of non-technical topics.  The board descriptions tell pretty well what goes in them.

:)
1969 D22, 2 x 1974 D24 Indians, 1977 27' Itasca