My Little Winnebago Warrior 94 Get er done project,

Started by Winnebago Warrior 94, February 09, 2018, 10:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Winnebago Warrior 94

I got this cute little ride and in in the process of getting her fixed up ..we have changed airfiter ,oil ,thermostat ,radiator fluid ,changed out wiper blades ,I sewed new curtains back behind the original curtains ..they are blackout curtains and I wanted to block out the light and give extra privacy and protect this interior ..I used 2 curtains and turned them sideways and sewed them to the back of original curtains ..turned out great ..paid 19.99 for,curtains ..I also got these cute little pillows ..I got the older style Winnebago and the other the newer style rv ..my little Winnebago meets the 2 styles in the middle ..aren't they cute

[smg id=8357]

[smg id=8358]

Winnebago Warrior 94

We also had problems with the brakes ..bubby changed out the brake pads ,caliper and was still having trouble with brakes sticking ..he, changed out the,runber brake lines from calipers to hard brake lines ..thought that,fixed it and they stuck again ..we ended,up driving the rig to a,brake,place and it was the,master,cylinder ..we woukd have to pull over ever couple of miles and bleed the brakes on the way to the shop 40 moles away ..but they are,fixed now ..they said the hubby brake job he did was fine ..they flushed the lines and changed out master cylinder

Winnebago Warrior 94

I got my transmission fluid and filter changed ..not a lot of miles on my rig on 40,000 ..but never had,never been changed and it was pretty dirty ..do glad I got it done ..got my awning installed and happy to say it fit perfect ,got,new,belts,installed too ,but,the compressor is out on my a.c. in the cab of my rig do they couldnt,install one of,the new belts so ill have to,work on that and some,new tires ..I found out,my tires are 2007 ..they look good but need a few new ones to be,on the safe side ..

Winnebago Warrior 94

Last summer o had also scrubbed my rig down from top to bottom ..I used a 3m scrubb pad ..and when I say scrubbed ..I mean scrubbed ..the entire,exterior and roof ..the roof had a few pit holes in it ..I'm thinking from acid from pine straw piling up on top of it but not,4 sure ..I scrubbed it and then went over it with denatured alcohol ..I applied the,black jack elastomeric white roof coating to it and I also clean my roof top a.c. untit and cleaned coils ..I put,a,thermometer and the roof and rhe difference before and after the roof coating was amazing ..it,really does cool your roof ..I also had the roof top a.c. seal need replaced ..and we replaced it ourselves ..we never knew you had,to replace the gaskets and tighten bolts ..now we know ..

Winnebago Warrior 94

Now on to starting to paint my rig ..I'm,planning on doing the rustoleum professional gloss white and the foam roller and 100% mineral spirits ..I have been practicing and aluminum horse trailer and wow ..I'm totally impressed..no roller marks and looks like sprayed on ..I have been testing a spot ..I've had it rolled on for about 2,months ..I have scraped the spot ..even with a,metal tool and,it hasnt,came off ..I did a,second coat too and its doing great ..I will,post pictures of my,horse trailer when I get,on my laptop computer ..but need to find my little internet box I've misplaced ..can't get cell phone picks to load from cell to resize them ..I'm excited about this little,paint job coming up,I will post pictures soon ..added photos this is on horse trailer

Sasquatch

Sounds like a fun project.  I transfer my photos that I want to post from Google (where my phone places them) to Flicker.  I can post them from there.

Lets see some photos of your project.

Winnebago Warrior 94

more pictures of horse trailer and the bottom pic  is my test strip on the Winnebago tis not the  professional finsh yet  ..I like the white from the rustoleum much better than the yellowed fiberglass....its been on for 3mths and holding tight ..have scratched on it and etc ..happy so far ..excited to get started ..we are having a lot of rain right now and my Winnebago is getting new shoes on..im happy for the new tires  ,power steering pump changed , dash ac fixed ,windshield washer pump..i also got me some shiney new stainless steel hubcaps

Winnebago Warrior 94

I got my new awning installed and it looks so good ..the roller was tight and levers were hard to move so I put a little wd 40 and sprayed it in the awning roller and on the levers ..just what it needed rolls out  really easy now and the lever switches easy..the awning  brackets that attach to the top and the bottom of the rv had pushed through the fiberglass ..hubby took each on off one at a time and he put in stainless steel plates under them and booted the plates to the rv to keep them the brackets from pushing the holes in the fiberglass ..we used eternabond 1inch double sided tape under each stainless steel plate so it wouldn't leak or get water in it ..it also provides a super sticky waterproof cushion that I think will help with any vibrarions from travel and will reduces stress on the fiberglass with the help of the stainless steel plates ..I'm very happy ..no more leaking and awning arms secured..top picture is before hubby added stainless plate  ..middle  picture after stainless bracket added ..bottom new awning  ..not sure why pics are sideways ..and I'm also super pumped about paint job ..it going awesome on that pics to come soon

Winnebago Warrior 94

im very happy with my paint job pictures to come soon ,,I just applied my 4th coat ..very happy with the smooth glossy finish ..it looks so much better than it did before ..cant wait to post the pictures ..yall are going be impressed I think ..I'm starting to paint the pink and purple striped decals on my rig tomorrow ..that is the only ones that are messed up and need a facelift ..hopefully all goes good with that..my cab ac unit wasn't working when I got my motorhome ..I took it to a guy to fix it and he said it was fixed but it wasn't ..he didn't act like he knew the fan on the front of the radiator has to be blowing to circulate cold air ..he sent me after parts and he left and needless to say I'm going to take it somewhere else Monday to get that fixed ,,I hope they know what they are doing ..I haven't found a place that just works on ac ..they sounded knowledgeable so hopefully they are ....

tmsnyder

WD-40 is good but it won't last, get some real lubricant on anything that needs lubricating .   WD-40 is not a lubricant, it's just a water displacer, that's what the WD stands for.   Yes, it has a little oil in it but that evaporates after a few days/weeks.   

WD-40 is good for a lot of other things though, like as a fish attractant on your lure.

I also use it for starting fires, just spray it on and light it up.   

Good for cleaning up greasy hands after working on the RV, gentle on skin and smells nice afterward. 

LJ-TJ

I love this stuff you really might want to try it.

Froggy1936

"The Journey is the REWARD !"
Member of 15 years. We will always remember you, Frank.

LJ-TJ

i?? I'm about as thrifty and frugal as they come. But man this stuff is worth every penny. Hm?

Winnebago Warrior 94

Thank advice,on the line spray oils ..I do have some litheum grease in a spray cab ..would,that work ?Ill remember the ad 40 when I go fishong next,time lol ..I'm taking the,Winnebago,to get the,cab a.c.fixed in the morning hopefully it,gets actually fixed by a,person that knows a.c. and knows what to do ..I got my Winnebago looking spiffy ..got most all of it,done ..I'm very happy how,it,turned out

LJ-TJ

Well all I can say is I had a lot of folks tell me about all kinds of penetrating oils and they just didn't work. What I do know is a friend in Ohio had a wreck 75 Winnebago that he was going to have to pay to get hauled away. So he said help your self to what ever you want. When I got to his place he'd already been trying to pull stuff with little success. So since it was late I said I just spray some of this stuff on and see what happened in the morning. Well we went out put the socket on veriest nuts and bolts and POP. Just that easy and once they turned you could finish turning them out with your fingers. He couldn't believe it. He'd been reefing on them with an extension bar and pipe. All I can say is this stuff is amazing and I don't know why folks haven't herd of it. It's 10 times the product as WD 40 just not a cheap. No I don't work for the company. I just found something that really,really works. So I can vouch for it. :)ThmbUp

tmsnyder

Whats the cost when you break off a bolt instead of having it come apart?   What if it's an exhaust manifold stud?   How much would you pay for penetrating oil that works then?

My favorite is 1/2 ATF , 1/2 thinner in a plastic spray bottle, but the spray cans are nice!

Winnebago Warrior 94

Quote from: LJ-TJ on March 26, 2018, 08:09 AM
Well all I can say is I had a lot of folks tell me about all kinds of penetrating oils and they just didn't work. What I do know is a friend in Ohio had a wreck 75 Winnebago that he was going to have to pay to get hauled away. So he said help your self to what ever you want. When I got to his place he'd already been trying to pull stuff with little success. So since it was late I said I just spray some of this stuff on and see what happened in the morning. Well we went out put the socket on veriest nuts and bolts and POP. Just that easy and once they turned you could finish turning them out with your fingers. He couldn't believe it. He'd been reefing on them with an extension bar and pipe. All I can say is this stuff is amazing and I don't know why folks haven't herd of it. It's 10 times the product as WD 40 just not a cheap. No I don't work for the company. I just found something that really,really works. So I can vouch for it. :)ThmbUp.
thanks,so much h I love stuff that works and,I love for people to share with me what works ..with all the,money I have spent on stuff that doest work that sound like a cheap price to,pay for something that does