New Movie the Leasure Seekers 70's Winnebago

Started by LJ-TJ, January 11, 2018, 05:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LJ-TJ

Hey guys just saw that a New Movie the Leisure Seekers is coming out in March with a Classic Winnebago in it. Time for the slooths to come out and find out what Winnebago they used and what ever happened to it. Hm?

LJ-TJ

C&T2

joev

Hey guys and gals that 75 Indian belonged to Jeff Barth.
He sold it to the movie studio for this movie in 2015.
My wife and i have actually been in this motorhome in july 2015 at the winnebago rally in Iowa. We belong to the Winnebago Classic Club and Jeff is the President  last year we got a pretour of the Classic Winnebago Museum that opens this Year at the rally

Winnebago Warrior 94

Well thats pretty cool that you met the owner of the Winnie and that you got to look at it ..looks like we are,going to have to watch that movie and get our Winnebago on :)

khantroll

My fiance and I saw the trailer and said, "We've got to see this!"...simply because it's a zany couple in a classic Winnebago...

C&T2

Just watched the clip again, and it occurred to me: how the heck did they get audio that good while they are inside driving? Certainly not very realistic! Must be towing it... I have to practically yell at my wife to be heard over the old 440's roar!

Quote from: C&T2 on February 03, 2018, 12:02 AM
Just watched the clip again, and it occurred to me: how the heck did they get audio that good while they are inside driving? Certainly not very realistic! Must be towing it... I have to practically yell at my wife to be heard over the old 440's roar!
bahaha yep

plockit007

That movie looks pretty relaxing to watch...Hollywood can make any audio sound good over a 440 engine

khantroll

I followed a tip from someone else on here and put knock off dynamat all over the cab area and doghouse in mine. It's not quiet, but it's better then it was on that drive home on the day I bought her...

Surfinhurf

Reducing RPMs from 3300 to 2300 at 60mph will significantly reduce interior "ROAR"

HURF

Rickf1985

It will also take you out of the power band and kill your mileage and any grunt for hills or headwinds.

Schmitti

It's so easy to give the lady more rest ;)
Even the 440 has no chance at full speed to make itself felt in the interior, if you lined the Doghouse and the wheel arches with a sound insulation mat:

With this quick and easy conversion, we could talk easy and even listen to the radio:

Thomas
Understeer is when you see the tree, if you'll take. Oversteer is when you only hear him on impact.

C&T2

Yup, Schmitti, that is certainly on my looooooong todo list!

At least the doghouse was - I was thinking about doing the steel floors under the front seats too, but wasn't sure how those insulation mats would hold up to the more direct interaction with the elements.

Schmitti

This stuff sticks hellishly, if you make the underground meticulously clean. Also in the wheel arches. Unfortunately, I do not know the US label and unfortunately can only give you a German E ** y page.
https://www.ebay.de/itm/Aeroflex-1000x5000-mm-5m-selbstklebend-19mm-w-Armaflex-Kaiflex/320766740185?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649

Thomas

(P.S.: ... back to Topic now W% )

Understeer is when you see the tree, if you'll take. Oversteer is when you only hear him on impact.

Rickf1985

Interesting, I don't recall seeing anything like that here. The most common thing here is Dynamat but it is much thinner and denser and it does not quiet down engine noise like that type of matting will.

Elandan2

Rick and Tracy Ellerbeck

Rickf1985

They have to be different since that stuff from Germany comes to roughly 1.50 euro per sq. ft. and the stuff you show is 9.00 a sq. ft.. But I see your point, I am sure there are comparable products. I have found that most of the noise in my 89 comes from ahead of the dog box up in the dash area where there is very little but wood around the engine. It is going to be very hard to insulate that area without completely removing all of the dashboard and wiring, ductwork and anything else that is there.

Elandan2

We sell quite a bit of that insulation to someone in your neck of the woods, Rick. He restores fire trucks but I'm not sure where he puts it. People also use it for their generator compartments. It seems to block the noise from them quite well.
Rick and Tracy Ellerbeck

Rickf1985

Fire trucks huh? I know of one or two but not a business doing it, unless it is a restoration place in Mt. Holly, NJ. I haven't talked to the owner, Jay, in quite a while. On mine the air cleaner is just touching the dog box so no room above that for any insulation. all around it yes but you are not going to stop that quadrajet roar. N:(

M & J

M & J

Elandan2

I got the impression these trucks were going back in service. Be good to see, around here they can't wait to spend our tax dollars on new ones!!
Rick and Tracy Ellerbeck

LJ-TJ

Ok you guys just watched the craziest movie about an Alien and a Winnebago called Paul.  :)rotflmao :)rotflmao :)rotflmao craziest,funniest, movie I've seen in years. Hilarious D:oH! :)rotflmao .

Winnebago Warrior 94

LJ-TJ