CHIEFTAN bathroom plumbing needed

Started by bnlfan, January 09, 2018, 10:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bnlfan

Many months ago I pulled the faucet out of the  shower in my motor home.   I gave it to the boy friend of my girls sister.  He was going to repair it and get it back.

All those people are out of my life and now I need the faucet.

Any thoughts on getting a new one.

MotorPro

Rickf1985

Just measure the holes in the counter top to be sure you get the right one. Don't ask why I say that. D:oH!  And that was for my house!

bnlfan

Quote from: Rickf1985 on January 09, 2018, 11:17 AM
Just measure the holes in the counter top to be sure you get the right one. Don't ask why I say that. D:oH!  And that was for my house!

This is actually for the shower.  Has the tub fill and shower hose.

MotorPro

Replaced the One in my 86 Winnibago . Got it at lowes . Cheap. 20 mins.

Rickf1985

Never saw a bathroom shower like that, interesting. One thing to keep in mind is the water saving shower head that is designed to run just a little water after you push the button to shut it off. This keeps the hot water flowing so you do not get blasted with cold water after each restart of the water. With a standard household shower you can't shut off the shower while soaping up. This is not an issue if you are hooked up to city water and sewer. It will be when you run that little hot water heater out though!

bnlfan

Well, assuming that all RV shower faucets have the same size threaded connections, I found plenty to pick from on eBay.  With and without the tub spout.

DaveVA78Chieftain

The biggest problem with most RV faucets is that they are narrower (handle to handle distance) than house faucets.  That's why I typically go to a RV supply for items like this.  For reference, faucets are shown on page 118 (pdf 119) of the Winnebago Accessory catalog.

According to your parts book (pdf page 3), the original shower faucet used on your rig, P/N 075242-03-000 is shown on page 119 (pdf 120) of the Winnebago Catalog.
[move][/move]

bnlfan

I have ample space for whatever faucet I go with because I am going to have to make a new wall plate to hold it in place.  The man had it all and it is long long long  gone now.

My concern was with the plumbing hook up.  The pipes are flexible enough to go left and right as I need them.  Just have to ensure they will screw on.

Edited:.....

Went into the bathroom and found the plate I thought was missing laying in the floor of the shower...so goody for me...and I checked the connectors.  The plugs I put in when I pulled the old one out are 1/2 inch.  I guess I need to measure the distance between the holes in the plate and go from there. 

Rickf1985

Take that plug with you when you go for parts. Plumbing sizes don't really make sense when it comes to actually measuring them. If it measured 1/2" it is probably 3/8 pipe or maybe even 1/4" pipe. Take it with you and then you know for sure. 1/2" pipe is pretty big for an RV.

skloon

Just make sure the fittings fit- If you have poly-b they seem to have some odd fittings, I had to use a pile of adapters once when my taps broke in Gopher Fart  Saskatchewan

Rickf1985

Gopher Fart, Is that very far from Beaver Crap? I think I have been there! :)rotflmao :)rotflmao :)rotflmao