Coach water pump?

Started by postman, December 29, 2017, 11:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

postman

postman

postman

postman

So logically I moved from the Water Heater to the water system. I have a switch marked compressor. Question is why does it operate a water pump?

Elandan2

Your system would have been originally a "pressure" type water system, so the switch on the panel controlled the air compressor. When a PO switched it to a "demand" type system, they simply used the wiring for the compressor to feed power to the demand water pump. Or Winnebago still had panels that said compressor and used one of those in your unit. Waste not, want not. LOL
Rick and Tracy Ellerbeck

postman

Elandan2

What are you worried about? The pump says it's "OK"  :D
Rick and Tracy Ellerbeck

postman

Elandan2,  LOL not so much...

Rickf1985

Man! That is an oldie! Is it still working or is that why you are posting about it? There is not much to that style of pump, you can see the main diaphragm right there on the rod and there will be two one way vales, one on each inlet and outlet. You can probably still get parts for that pump.

postman

Rickf1985

Working? It runs. I might as well remove it to test it, as it appears the fresh water tank is empty. Yes, a cursory search found parts. A new one on Ebay was $500 for that one special buyer (not me). Have know idea what the duty cycle is. Sure looks like the motors used on 12 v continuous duty squirrel cage blowers back in the day. Also there is no cylinder pressure tank. Seems that rules out compressed air supply.

TerryH

Assuming your system is demand as opposed to pressurized you can get a new 'universal' pump for around $100. They are very common to RV and boat usage.
I have a spare Jabsco (good brand) I carry that is low amp, quiet and self priming (run dry) that I had originally bought as a spare for my boat when I had it.
Easy to mount, standard fittings.
Not sure if something like this would work for you.
It is not our abilities that show what we truly are - it is our choices.
Albus Dumbledore

postman

Thanks TerryH,  :)ThmbUp

I will look into Jabsco. I am prioritizing whats broke whats old and what can be saved. And, as far as winterizing, there no water in the system and I drained the heater.