Deep Cycle 12V

Started by postman, December 20, 2017, 07:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LJ-TJ

Well I know this is going to hurt BUT. I reversed engineered it. I even made a diagram for the lads to refer to. Unfortunately  D:oH! before I made a copy of it the motor home burnt to the ground.NUTS! It really isn't that hard to do. I just said the heck with it one day and on a hot day in the summer just laid on the ground and followed everything. I cut all the tape off everything so I could see were the wires went and then got plastic loom and black small tie raps and re-raped them. I still think there's a better way to do(locate) the battery compartment wires. Just haven't figure it out yet. 

postman

Quote from: LJ-TJ on January 10, 2018, 03:43 PM
Well I know this is going to hurt BUT...  :(

Yeah, kinda saw that train comin... Being gravity is not my friend, I am going to have to employ technique. I am thinking I am gonna make the battery tray removable. I have already had to reconfigure the steering wheel so my feet can clear the dog house. Well at least you got a pic for posterior  :D

Rickf1985

One thing you can consider for battery to house connection are these Anderson connectors. This way your terminals on the battery stay connected and sealed and you can run the main wiring to wherever and just plug in the batteries at the source. The connector come in a wide range of sizes and are used for high amperage connections. If you are an old time R/C guy you might recognize them from the higher end battery connectors.

https://www.grainger.com/product/3BY21?cm_mmc=PPC:+Google+PLA&s_kwcid=AL!2966!3!166595346872!!!g!104635763397!&ef_id=V09pwwAAAaLJ9od7:20180110222536:s&kwid=productads-adid^166595346872-device^c-plaid^104635763397-sku^3BY21-adType^PLA

postman

Quote from: Rickf1985 on January 10, 2018, 05:35 PM
One thing you can consider for battery to house connection are these Anderson connectors.

Rick gonna google that!

Rickf1985

They have them in bigger sizes because I remember them on forklifts I used to run and the cables were at least OO size cable.

Winnebago Warrior 94

Do y'all know if there is a diagram for hooking up 2 batteries ..the person I bought my rig from had just one battery in it ..they have wiring hooked up to solenoid to run just the,one battery ..in wanting to add another,battery and make sure all the wiring is hooked up like it should be ..I'd there a diagram that shows the wiring from batteries to solenoid and wiring leaving the batteries where it goes and what it should go to to make sure it is properly hooked up. Some of the smaller wires are disconnected and taped up..thanks 94 Winnebago warrior

Rickf1985

Go back to the 6'th post on this thread. positive to positive and negative to negative. then run your cables as normal, this is assuming you are using two 12 volt batteries. Dave has lots of diagrams on his site also. Are you talking about two batteries for just the coach or one for the coach and one for the chassis (engine)?

Winnebago Warrior 94

One for the coach and one for the engine and both batteries will be 12 volt..ill check,out the 6th post,..I saw the diagram ..I know positive go on the,solenoid and,I know the,negative go to the screw mounted to the frame ..but thesmaller,ones that charge the battery while you have pv plugged into electric ..do they go on the coach battery or does one wire go on one battery and one on thevotherv..thanks

Rickf1985

If you have one for each then they will not be connected together, they will be connected through a solenoid that can connect them if needed.
I tried to find the diagram Dave had on here but can't find it. I would PM Dave and ask for one of his diagrams and tell him you are looking to hook up both systems.

Winnebago Warrior 94

Thanks rick ..love the help and,dave is always great at getting things like that ..his little computer guy logo is spot on and you are always spot  on with the mechanics ..always appreciate yall