Exterior two sided tape

Started by Rinkydink, February 08, 2018, 10:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rinkydink

Rubber gutter above windshield has come off, it appears to be installed using some sort of two sided tape, is there a special tape (or other adhesive) I should be looking for? I have 3m exterior tape in my tool box, will this work?

TerryH

Quote from: Rinkydink on February 08, 2018, 10:22 AM
Rubber gutter above windshield has come off, it appears to be installed using some sort of two sided tape, is there a special tape (or other adhesive) I should be looking for? I have 3m exterior tape in my tool box, will this work?

Unsure what you mean by a rubber gutter - sounds somewhat self defeating. If you could post photos of it as well as the original tape it may help. Also, which of the many tapes that 3M offers?
It is not our abilities that show what we truly are - it is our choices.
Albus Dumbledore

RANGERRICK

3M side body molding tape is very sticky.It will have a red pull off film.

Rickf1985

Be sure to use a good cleaner like Prep-Sol to get any wax or silicone off before applying the tape. Also do a dry fit with masking tape and very light pencil marks because once that 3M tape is on there is no going back. After it is all done be sure to go back and wax any areas that were wiped off with the Prep-sol since they will be stripped of wax.