1974 Winnebago Brave D19 Major Project

Started by GirlandWinne, August 24, 2019, 01:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GirlandWinne

Thanks guys for all the advice and support!!!  My husband and I have decided we can do this and will need that continued support as we go along!!!!  Todays project is taking out the flooring!!!  Wish me luck!!!

Rickf1985

They are aware of what they are up against. It is not up to us to judge them for the project that they want to take on. In the military vehicle hobby that I am also involved in you would be amazed at some of the rust heaps that have been brought back to pristine standards by people who are dedicated and have the skills to do the work. So do not judge someone based on what YOU would do with it.

ClydesdaleKevin

Quote from: Rickf1985 on September 17, 2019, 06:35 PM
They are aware of what they are up against. It is not up to us to judge them for the project that they want to take on. In the military vehicle hobby that I am also involved in you would be amazed at some of the rust heaps that have been brought back to pristine standards by people who are dedicated and have the skills to do the work. So do not judge someone based on what YOU would do with it.

Amen Rick!

Kev
Kev and Patti, the furry kids, our 1981 Ford F-100 Custom tow vehicle, and our 1995 Itasca Suncruiser Diesel Pusher.

LJ-TJ

Stop the truck and back up a minute. We got know right to shoot on somebodies DREAM. We've all been there to a certain degree of another our selves. I like these guys. They've made a decision to go for it. Sit down, strap in and hang on. Now it's our job to help them realize their dream. I say go for it. Anything we can do to help. Just ask. Remember the mod-oh  of this group"The only dumb question here is the one you DON'T ask." Ask away and let the party begin :)ThmbUp .

BrandonMc

I'm just being honest and simply trying to save someone money and hassles based from experience while noticing a novice is about to undertake a monumental task, no matter the sentimental value. Wish someone could have told me how much of a mistake I was making when I bought mine, and it's easily in much better condition.

i??

good luck winnie gal, I really wish you the best and never meant to be a meanie at all. You'll have some good experienced advice on this site, it's been great for me personally. I've learned to become a mechanic and even had my own business in RV repair because of everything learned here.

joanfenn

This is amazing I for one are looking forward to seeing this lovely dream of GirlandWinne come true.  By the time they rebuild this winnebago they will know every inch of her.  They will gladly drive her around with pride knowing that they did it themselves.  No matter how many people are saying not to do it, it isn't worth it, etc.  it is their dream.  And no one has the right to try and take it from them.  No matter what though, there are plenty of people here that are willing to help along the way so all you have to do is ask.

Good luck and don't let anyone tell you, you can't.

LJ-TJ

The old L.J and T.J. have a saying we've used all our life. "Those who say it can't be done,shouldn't interrupt those people who are doing it." :)rotflmao

Oz

I recall a member a few years back.  Same situation.  Dismantled the entire rig... all of it.  Rebuilt it from the ground up, literally,  Took a year and a half.  It was finished, better than new, with a lot of safety, mechanical, appliance and feature upgrades,  Did it all themselves. 

:) :)ThmbUp
1969 D22, 2 x 1974 D24 Indians, 1977 27' Itasca

ClydesdaleKevin

LJ-TJ:  Didn't you guys used to have a Winnie that you reskinned in smooth fiberglass, and had it painted with modern graphics?  Or was that someone else.  I remember that whoever owned it tragically lost it because of a chassis wiring fire.

Kev
Kev and Patti, the furry kids, our 1981 Ford F-100 Custom tow vehicle, and our 1995 Itasca Suncruiser Diesel Pusher.

ClydesdaleKevin

Hey!  Check out this new post from a fellow doing exactly what you want to do...rebuild from the ground up.  He is making excellent progress, and posted detailed pictures, with more to come!

https://www.classicwinnebagos.com/forum/index.php?topic=15119.0

Kev