side View Mirrors and Backup Camera

Started by Winnebago Warrior 94, November 17, 2017, 12:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Winnebago Warrior 94

I have a 94 Winnebago warrior and is like recommendation on making the side view mirrors a little more user friendly so you can see a bigger picture when you are backing up ..I have seen mirrors you can add on ..it there any that work great and if so which ones do y'all recommend ..I'm also interested in rear view camera add on that are easy to install...do y'all have any you recommend ..thanks

Froggy1936

As far as a brand ??  Good luck ,But as far as type I went thru 2 wireless units, turned out both were garbage on my 21 Ft rig, So i reccomend hard wire only (current one is now 8 yrs old and still works perfectly) I also reccomend mounting the camera inside the rear window, (had problems with exterior mounts and rain ) The one inside works perfectly except when raining the picture is just like looking thru glass with no wipers .  Frank
"The Journey is the REWARD !"
Member of 15 years. We will always remember you, Frank.

Winnebago Warrior 94

Thanks Frank I appreciate that on the backup camera ..the warrior is boxy and id like to make sure I dont hit anything backing up ..What about mirror extensions. For,a,better view for,the,side mirrors ..has anyone used them before ..do they help or not really ..I hate,buying stuff and,finding out they don't work well or,better not at,all

Rickf1985

You will find out that extensions will get knocked off real fast. You need something that stays in close but gives a good field of vision. Pretty much limited to motor home or truck mirrors.

skloon

My 92 Itasca has Velvac power mirrors- they are huge and great with a convex bottom and flat tops- I would try and find a used set of these

Winnebago Warrior 94

I dont have a window on the back to mount the rear view camera too so I will have to make a cover for it to keep it,out of the,weather ..if,anyone,know,a,good brand please,let,me,know,..thanks