Author Topic: 46RH (A518) Conversion project  (Read 2311 times)

Offline Rickf1985

• I own: a Motor Home
  • Year: 1989
  • Make: Winnebago
  • Model: Chieftain
  • Chassis: Chevy
  • Engine: 454
Re: 46RH (A518) Conversion project
« Reply #125 on: February 11, 2018, 09:57 AM »
I figured that mount would be pretty easy, I also figured you would overthink/engineer it. Engineers's tend to do that. :)rotflmao  Good job all around. I see your fuel pump hanging out over there also. If you were running a diesel with the additional torque I would have suggested adding sides on the mount but you are not running 800 ft.lbs. of torque so you will have no problems at all with what you built.

Offline Sasquatch

• Year: 1976
  • Make: Executive
  • Chassis: Dodge M-500
  • Engine: 440-3
« Reply #126 on: February 11, 2018, 10:09 AM »
I do tend to over think/design things.  I am using the original mount for the 727, which held up well for many years, so it should be fine.  I will order a new one though.  I am getting excited to fire it up.  But I have some more work to do before I can do that.  I need to replace some heater hoses, rebuild the heater box, install new tires and paint the rims.

Offline Rickf1985

• I own: a Motor Home
  • Year: 1989
  • Make: Winnebago
  • Model: Chieftain
  • Chassis: Chevy
  • Engine: 454
« Reply #127 on: February 11, 2018, 11:29 AM »
So you have one days work ahead of you.................. No sweat. W% :)rotflmao  I would leave the rear wheels in the air with tires on and run it in gear and count shifts. That way you know you have all four gears plus it is a lot easier to pin down a vibration in the shop on stands than it is on the road. Just don't do what I have seen SO many people do and that is throw it in park with the rear tires spinning because they forgot they are in the  air!   ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzBANG!

Offline Sasquatch

• Year: 1976
  • Make: Executive
  • Chassis: Dodge M-500
  • Engine: 440-3
« Reply #128 on: February 11, 2018, 04:37 PM »
LOL, I have done that one before....  Good idea.  I had planned on doing basically that.  Let the transmission warm up and burp out all the coolant lines and get oil fully flowing around in there to get the levels set right.  But I never thought about checking the shifting out.  Good idea.

FULL Membership!

Want to start enjoying all the benefits  Full Membership has to offer?

Become a Full

Want to enjoy your

Full Membership

without ever having

to renew?

Become a: