new member here

Started by L.D., November 01, 2017, 09:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

L.D.

Hi, my name is L.D.
I have recently acquired a '73 Winnebago. I find they are allot like a bull dog, they are so ugly you just have to like it. in my searching online I have found that having the rear door is not a common thing, and I have one. it's a 20' but I don't know what it's classified as. I think it's a chieften, but I'm just guessing. I hope to get all the info I need to restoe this big box that I plan to retire into. thanks for having me L.D.

1990HR

Welcome! Now, where are the pictures? :)

LJ-TJ

Heydeeho mate, welcome aboard. Pictures! We like pictures.

postman

L.D. 73bago,

If your lucky there is an Identification Plate on the wall left of the steering column. Even the steering wheel can offer a hint. Also look on the outside.

https://youtu.be/r5kmCgVhADY

L.D.

been trying to post pictures, going to have to resize them, I will have to have my wife teach me again. it's been many years since I've had to do this.

L.D.

L.D.

what do the big black numbers mean ?

joanfenn

Use the search button up top for the answers to a lot of your questions.  The numbers had to do with a club that winnebago had years ago. :)

LJ-TJ

Mate you scored BIG TIME! Those rigs are very rare and very sot after. The is was a chap on here years ago that drove all the way from Philadelphia to the upper thumb of Michigan to pick one up and drive it home. Dilbert I think was his name. Boy if you could get hold of him he's a gold mine of information. I found this. Don't know if it would be of any help trying to locate him.

http://www.classicwinnebagos.com/forum/index.php?action=search2

Hm? :)ThmbUp   

L.D.

thanks for the help, maybe I shouldn't even mention this but my wife bought it for $35 and had it towed home. I jump started it and drove it.

L.D.

quite-a-few Mexico stickers, as well as Burning Man. every window had tin foil taped over them. I will get up some interior picks soon.

CapnDirk

Quote from: L.D. on November 05, 2017, 07:53 PM
thanks for the help, maybe I shouldn't even mention this but my wife bought it for $35 and had it towed home. I jump started it and drove it.

$35?  You just lost all potential help due to jealousy.  Oh, and the wife's a  keeper.   :)clap
"Anything given sufficient propulsion will fly!  Rule one!  Maintain propulsion"

"I say we nuke the site from orbit.  It's the only way to be sure"

L.D.

entry, seating, floor and dash

LJ-TJ

Not sure if this will work but found this PDF of your bago this morning. D:oH! insomnia

PDF   1972 Chieftain II Brochure - RV Roundtablehttps://www.rvroundtable.com/wp-content/.../winnebago/1972/1972.ChieftainIi.pdfEvery Winnebago automotive and roof equipment in all CHIEFTAÍNS. ... CHIEFTAIN II features Screen doors are standard process is then guaranteed.

Rickf1985

Burning man and tin foil on the windows, Imagine that. Surprised you didn't find some tin foil hats! W% :)rotflmao :)rotflmao :)rotflmao :)rotflmao :)rotflmao :)rotflmao

Rickf1985

Quote from: LJ-TJ on November 06, 2017, 04:37 AM
Not sure if this will work but found this PDF of your bago this morning. D:oH! insomnia

PDF   1972 Chieftain II Brochure - RV Roundtablehttps://www.rvroundtable.com/wp-content/.../winnebago/1972/1972.ChieftainIi.pdfEvery Winnebago automotive and roof equipment in all CHIEFTAÍNS. ... CHIEFTAIN II features Screen doors are standard process is then guaranteed.
Ah yes, The Victorian era! :)rotflmao
I like some of the options, The limited slip rear that they show a picture of is actually a Detroit locker!
The Thermo-San Waste destruction system.......................... I heard rumors of how that worked. ???

Oz

Welcome to the community!  Take your time and look around.  Lots of great people, great resources and more to be found and enjoyed.
1969 D22, 2 x 1974 D24 Indians, 1977 27' Itasca

Winnebago Warrior 94

I like it and I love good deals ..welcome,to the group ..they are very helpful here ..how did your,wife get such a good deal ..I like tje interior too...is it all original? The,inside,and outside look in good shape

L.D.

mostly original, it does need a new roof and some water damage repair. it does run and drive. the wife works for a tow co. here and is bringing home (way too often) vehicles she has bought. I did ask her just what did she buy this for N:( , she smiled and said $35 and I started to notice some nice things about it, like the solar panels and such. Hm?

Rickf1985

Check in and around any and all hidden cavities for um.................. contraband. With the list of places you have mention it has been you will want to check any and all hiding places for any kinds if illegal substances. I have bought more than one vehicle and found surprises in them. Last thing you need is a K9 alerting on your home some night in a rest stop. If you are not sure what to look for ask a friendly officer to do it for you. Tell him you bought it and the history and you do NOT want any surprises. As long as you have the past owners records you would be safe. Unless of coarse you have had issues with the local PD in the past. W% W% W%

L.D.

OX, or Rick
do I need to put my questions someplace else? so where should I place them? thanks for the help, God knows I need it

Rickf1985

OX?! :)rotflmao :)rotflmao :)rotflmao :)rotflmao :)rotflmao :)rotflmao :)rotflmao :)rotflmao :)rotflmao :)rotflmao :)rotflmao  I LOVE IT!!! It is actually Oz but you just made my day. :D 
It all depends on the question, If it is related to the engine or running gear you would want to put it in the Chassis section. If it is related ti fixing the inside then it would be in the body, exterior and interior section. Just general banter goes in, yep, the General section. You will get the hang of it.

Oz

The boards are set up by major categories.  Chassis, Body, Appliances, etc.  Each has a pretty good description of what topics they cover.  For instance, if you have a Dodge chassis, you post on the Dodge Chassis board.  If you have a question about your furnace, post it on the Appliances board. 

The boards are kept to a minimum for ease of posting and finding information as well.

;) :)ThmbUp

L.D.

thank you "OZ", man sometimes I have such fat fingers :(

Oz

L.D.

I split off your question about how to disassemble the dash and posted it on the Coach - Exterior/Interior board.

"OX"   

:D :)ThmbUp