95 Winnebago warrior captain seat replacement?

Started by rs72z, October 26, 2017, 03:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rs72z

Has anyone swapped out their captain seats for ones out of a car or truck? I have found a few that have dual armrest from mini vans. I know i will have to build a adapter to mount to the existing pedestal mount.

If you have made a change post up some pics if you have them.

I'm not in for spending 400 plus per seat for rv replacements.
Thanks

LJ-TJ

CapnDirk

Most stuff used standard slide rails (older stuff).  I would measure the bolt pattern at where the seat hooks up to the slides and see what you can find from that first.  May not have to change pedestal or slides, or make an adapter.
"Anything given sufficient propulsion will fly!  Rule one!  Maintain propulsion"

"I say we nuke the site from orbit.  It's the only way to be sure"

TerryH

Suggestion -
Should an adaptor be required- seat mounts and all associated fastenings are very strictly regulated.
Includes seat belts.
Be cautious when changing any to comply with all safety regulations.
Not only to comply, but for safety.
It is not our abilities that show what we truly are - it is our choices.
Albus Dumbledore

tmsnyder

RickNC

How bad are your old seats? I am replacing mine with new ones which should arrive in another week or two, Mine have some stains but no rips or excessive wear, They would probably clean up pretty well.  I'm in eastern NC.

rs72z

They are in good shape just looking at them, but the most uncomfortable things i have ever set in. We made a 3 hour trip last week and my butt was wore out after a hour of driving. N:(
Might just wait and buy rv replacement seats.

rs72z

Quote from: RickNC on October 27, 2017, 10:43 AM
How bad are your old seats? I am replacing mine with new ones which should arrive in another week or two, Mine have some stains but no rips or excessive wear, They would probably clean up pretty well.  I'm in eastern NC.

Thanks for the write up.

Oz

$60 for a pair from 2nd row van in a junkyard.  Almost perfect condition.

[smg id=839]

1969 D22, 2 x 1974 D24 Indians, 1977 27' Itasca

LJ-TJ

Keep showing us those pictures and your going to depress me. :'( You did a nice job doing her over.  :(

Oz

I knew nothing about RVs or woodworking and very little mechanically.  So, not everything I did in the remodel was "perfect".  But, with the guidance and moral support of CWVRV members, I had all I needed to have a go at it and... I was very happy with the results.  And folks, if I can do it... anybody can!

Proof that you don't need to be a pro at anything to make your vintage RV dreams come true!

;)

rs72z

I just bought a set of the seats like you  used. Picking them up Saturday.

Quote from: tmsnyder link=topic=14226.msg86910#msg86910 date=150910701
I put Honda 2nd row minivan seats into mine, it's under the Projects button: 

url=http://www.classicwinnebagos.com/forum/index.php/topic,13773.0.html]http://www.classicwinnebagos.com/forum/index.php/topic,13773.0.html[/url]

LJ-TJ

rs72z

LJ-TJ

Sounds good. Thanks Mate. Know a lot of folks think of it but haven't seen how folk do it or what seat will work. :)ThmbUp

rs72z

Look up toward the top of this thread there is a link showing how it has been done with these same seats.

postman

Quote from: Oz on October 27, 2017, 09:03 PM
$60 for a pair from 2nd row van in a junkyard.  Almost perfect condition.

[smg id=839]

Oz do you remember what the seats were out of?

rs72z

Picked up the Honda seats this weekend. I got one of them installed yesterday, pretty straight forward. Seat belts will not be a issue since they stay mounted to the swivel portion of the base on my setup.

I tried to ad a description to each pic, but without luck.
1st pic is of the bottom of my original seat.

2nd pic is of the base that stayed in the coach with seat belts mounted to it.

3rd pic is the bottom of the new seat

4th pic is installed in the coach.

Here is the link i used for install.
http://www.classicwinnebagos.com/forum/index.php/topic,13773.0.html

I will get more pics when i do the other seat.

Sorry all the pics are turned the wrong way, took from my cell phone. I will use a camera next time.

LJ-TJ

tmsnyder

rs72z

Thank you for the write up! It made it for a very easy swap!

Quote from: tmsnyder on November 07, 2017, 08:00 AM
Thanks for linking back to my write-up  :)ThmbUp

plockit007

Hi I hear what you are saying less expensive is a way to go.  I heard from many people the best seats to use would be out of a Chevy or a Ford Van.

I'm looking for a couple for my Winnie.

Oz

Quote from: postman on November 04, 2017, 01:10 PM
Oz do you remember what the seats were out of?

A mid-1980s, full size, Chevy van.

boohoo222

oz, you just solved my problem, ive been wondering where i was gonna get new capt. chairs for the front of my hr and now i know, out of  my 78 chevy class b open road, the back seats have never been used and are still like new :)clap :)clap :)clap
1978 dodge coachmen class c 23ft                       1978 chevy open road class b

Oz

Well, I hope it does.  Let us know how you make out, okay?

:)