Dash bezel replacement

Started by 78BraveGuy, September 11, 2017, 06:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

78BraveGuy

The plastic dash bezel for the instruments in my 78 Brave is cracked up pretty badly.  The plastic is very brittle.  I need to replace the blower fan switch, but when I attempt to pull out the dash bezel, it just keeps cracking worse.  I am assuming that this part is not available anymore so I was considering having a custom bezel made either out of aluminum or wood or something.  Has anyone ever tried building a custom bezel or found somewhere to get one?

joanfenn

RANGERRICK

If you need the fan switch PM me.

Oz

I assume you mean the facing your gauges are mounted in.  I'm thinking maybe you can possibly remove the entire facing and use it as a template to replace it with a flexible metal such as aluminum or tin, cutting out the holes for your gauges and switches.

Hm?
1969 D22, 2 x 1974 D24 Indians, 1977 27' Itasca

78BraveGuy

Yeah Oz, that is what I am talking about.  The plastic is so brittle.  I like the idea of making a new one out of brushed aluminum or maybe wood.  Good idea and probably worth a try over the winter.

Oz

Remember, your vintage RV is a canvass and you are the artist.  You can paint it any way you want to! 

:) :)ThmbUp
1969 D22, 2 x 1974 D24 Indians, 1977 27' Itasca