'73 Winnebago Brave Slider Window Seal

Started by wbryanh, October 10, 2017, 10:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Superhvacman

I received new seals today and did a test piece and Winnebago was correct that a minor alteration was required. On the pics listed above (024096-002-00) you have to cut the little flappy part off and then they fit and look almost identical. If you compare the original seal to the new one by looking at their ends side by side, they are not identical but very similar.

The other two seals are identical (stationary seal 002309-02-000 and the felt 002324-02-00) just verify your glass thickness. As I get these installed I will be posting pics and any tips I find along the way. Thereââ,¬â,,¢s a lot of polishing to do on mine so I will be removing one window at a time and once itââ,¬â,,¢s finished I will reinstall it and pull the next one. I will also be tinting my window glass while they are removed.
"If anything is worth doing, it's worth over doing"

SkIz

Oz

I haven't shaved while waiting.
My beard.... is.... growing... long...
1969 D22, 2 x 1974 D24 Indians, 1977 27' Itasca

SkIz

Is it possible to get the reading measurement from your vernier ? The quality of the image is not good enough to see.

Tyler from Winnebago parts sent me this measurement from the seal he provides for old braves.

Yours look bigger than this.

Superhvacman

This is that exact part but modified. I had to cut the little flappy part off per Winnebago. I have successfully restored all of my windows except the two rear double slider windows

srosa707

Awesome!  Thanks for sharing.  Ill have to trim the pieces I got from Winnebago Parts and see if it works.

SkIz

Quote from: Superhvacman on July 21, 2020, 12:42 PM
This is that exact part but modified. I had to cut the little flappy part off per Winnebago. I have successfully restored all of my windows except the two rear double slider windows

I'll try that but my old one look "skinnier" and did the same as Rosa when I put it in place.

Superhvacman

I think Rosa was going to try and cut their piece like I did to see if would work for them. Like I said before it is not a 100% match to  the old ones when you put them side by side but the finished result is the same.

SkIz

Quote from: Superhvacman on August 11, 2020, 07:32 PM
I think Rosa was going to try and cut their piece like I did to see if would work for them. Like I said before it is not a 100% match to  the old ones when you put them side by side but the finished result is the same.

Seems like the window from a 72' might be different from a 75' :/ I'll wait on Rosa's conclusion