'73 Winnebago Brave Slider Window Seal

Started by wbryanh, October 10, 2017, 10:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wbryanh

I am in search of the Slider Window Seal original Winnebago Part #041928-02-000 (See pics).  I understand it is no longer made.  Is there any comparable part out there? 

I have already tried Part # 024096-02-000  (IT DOES NOT FIT) i??
I have a hard time believing I am the lone soul with this issue!

rocrunr

I don't have the answer for you but I am interested in this because I too have a 73 D18 that needs the same seals replaced. I'm sure someone here has the answer?

rocrunr

Check vintage trailer supply,they seem to have lots of choices.

srosa707

Please post the solution if you find one.  I will be doing this as well.

Cousin Eddy

happywanderer

I to have a 73 Brave with this problem.
I have been making due with plummers putty to filli in cracks would like to get the parts so I can do it right.

Ken

srosa707

To anyone interested, I just went back and looked at most of the threads in this forum on window seals.  I just called Winnebagoparts.com and ordered seals and felts for the project.  I will report back with the items I receive and then give a detailed account on how I sealed up my windows (if the parts are correct  ??? ).

khantroll

Please do Rosa! Also, please compare pictures of your old ones, because there is apparently some variation in them. I am working with Steele trying to find a combination that fits as well

srosa707

I ordered the rubber above that the original poster said was discontinued.  Winnebagoparts had it.  I ordered that and another rubber (just in case) and the "U" felt for the window.  Winnebagoparts sells the "U"-felt with minimum orders of 25 ft.  Pretty sure my windows require the u-felt so I think I am good there.  The only thing that concerns me now is the area between the frame and the body on the exterior.  Was that a rubber seal or was it that tape?  I tried to order the tape (just in case) but it was discontinued.  I am thinking this is the same as butyl tape for roof vents?

khantroll

It was tape. If you have a wide enough butyl tape it should work, but double-sided sealing table can be had from many RV suppliers and online stores (it's not all butyl tape, though that's common).

khantroll

Who was your rep at Winnebagoparts? I ask because I was told the other seal and two other parts were no longer made either.

srosa707

Not sure, but it was a lady (40+?) that answered and looked the numbers up individually.  Ill post up when I get the package in the mail.  I also ordered a new black tank for the Brave using the Common Parts PDF someone posted before.  Its a black tank for a '75 Brave but it looks like it will fit my rig perfectly.

srosa707

Update:  Just got my order in the mail and they did not include PN 041928-02-000 which I ordered and was really hoping they would send.  Maybe they realized they didnt have it after we got off the phone?  Either way, this sucks.  If anyone finds it somewhere else please let us know.  In the meantime, the search continues.

srosa707

So today I did a little investigating with my windows and this is what I came up with.  My '73 has 2 different seals in the window.  The larger seal (with the hollow middle) is on the slider side and the smaller seal is on the static window side.  Does anyone have a part number for the static side seal?

srosa707

And this is what seal number 024096-02-000 looks like installed.  It looks like it will actually hold water in place, rather than wick it away. 

srosa707

I think the smaller static window is "PN 002309-01-000 SPLINE".  Has anyone tried to order this  i??

SR66

I have been running down window seal part numbers for our 74 Brave but haven't ordered anything yet.

Here is what I have for ours.

Do you have a image of seal 024096-02-000 not installed in the window frame?

It looks distorted pushed down in there in your photos.

Here is a sample of what I found online -

This image matches what I have our windows except they are gray instead of black.

srosa707

SR66,

Here are the photo's of the rubber I received from Winnebago Parts.  I ordered 024096-02-000 and 041928-02-000 and the U channel (cant remember part number) and they only sent me
024096-02-000 and the U channel.  They said they had 041928-02-000 in stock but it never showed.  I have not called back to see what happened but reading the previous posts tells me that it probably is not available OR I need to order 024096-01-000.  I will call and find out today what is going on.  The piece you are showing on Amazon is sold and shipped by Winnebago Parts (says so on my phone app) and I am thinking it is actually 024096-02-000.  Again, I will confirm with Winnebago Parts today.

Is there a possibility that the windows from my '73 are different than the windows and seals in the '75 (these are part numbers from the '75 book).

srosa707

Just off the phone with Winnebago Parts and the guy said this black rubber that I have is the same rubber through the 80's and he has been selling it for years with no problem.  Also, the rubber with PN 041928 is for 2000 era motorhomes.  One thing he did mention was to look at the glass thickness of the driver and passenger windows.  Sometimes they used a 3/16 and this would cause an issue with the rubber fitting correctly.  I've only tested this rubber on the passenger window so I expect this might be the issue.  I will investigate further this weekend. 

Also, I just found this post from a while back and it details the part numbers used.  Looks like were on the right track? 

http://www.classicwinnebagos.com/forum/index.php/topic,7959.new.html#new

SR66

I did alot of research of the forums here and the Winnebago parts catalog before I finally figured out what I needed. Frankly I found most everything confusing and outdated but I did get it sorted it.

I would assume our windows are same but then again you never know.

The rubber seals in all my windows are pretty hard and inflexible and it was tough getting a good look at them to match what was still available.

The pics you posted of the seal itself looks the same as the one in the Amazon photo and yes its part# 024096-02-000

Jonbbrew

Quote from: SR66 on May 02, 2018, 09:21 AM
I have been running down window seal part numbers for our 74 Brave but haven't ordered anything yet.

Here is what I have for ours.

Do you have a image of seal 024096-02-000 not installed in the window frame?

It looks distorted pushed down in there in your photos.

Here is a sample of what I found online -

This image matches what I have our windows except they are gray instead of black.

This original seal for the sliders i believe is the one that Winnebago doesn't make anymore. Is that the one you are showing on Amazon? How did it turn out? Fit? Work? I am asking for help too on this same exact subject. I found a thread that said the guy had one made at a glass shop. I would rather get one that would fit instead of someone trying to make one that doesn't fit, fit.

Thanks!
Keep Er' Goin' Eh!

Jonathan

srosa707

Ya that guy was me and I am also the guy that bought the rubber from WinnebagoParts which is the same as the rubber listed on Amazon.  As you can see in my pictures, it will not work.  If you insist on buying it I will sell you what I have for half what Amazon wants. 

SkIz

Any update as which part number could be the good one for the sliders ?

Superhvacman

I am actually ordering the above seals today. I have been in contact with an authorized dealer who reached out to the factory and was informed with a slight modification to the slider seal that they would work for my coach. When I get these items next week I will let everyone know how it went and also throw some pics up.
"If anything is worth doing, it's worth over doing"

Oz

1969 D22, 2 x 1974 D24 Indians, 1977 27' Itasca