How do I find Dometic refrigerator model number?

Started by boohoo222, October 06, 2017, 12:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

boohoo222

1981 hr imperal 33 I have a  dometic refrigerator with freezer......   gas/ac   push button control...off/on...gas/electric...auto/manual...no other writing of any kind...about 4ft tall  2 1/2 ft wide...no access to back without removing whole unit....how can I find out what model it is  i??
1978 dodge coachmen class c 23ft                       1978 chevy open road class b

DaveVA78Chieftain

Because Dometic produced many versions, it might help if you provided a picture of the controls as a starting point.
[move][/move]

boohoo222

1978 dodge coachmen class c 23ft                       1978 chevy open road class b

Rickf1985

If it is a gas unit there has to be access to the back for the burner. The burner is never inside.

boohoo222

the vent outside is riveted with about 20/25 rivets, and it is gas / ac

TerryH

Rivets were likely compliments of a previous owner. Current codes state that access doors to propane appliances must be easily accessible and removable.
This is for your safety.
It is not our abilities that show what we truly are - it is our choices.
Albus Dumbledore

TerryH

Further, if your intention is to remove the unit for any reason, there will likely be hold down screws in the lower back that can only be accessed from the access door.
Albus Dumbledore

boohoo222

boohoo222

frige vent on top of mh and top vent by door,  bottom vent by door is heater

TerryH

Based on the photo, neither the fridge nor heater access doors look to be factory.
Also, given you have a 33' HR I would doubt if came with only a 4' high fridge.
You may be dealing with a PO's modifications, which could make identification very difficult.
Albus Dumbledore

boohoo222

well by going through every manual in member area I now know its eather a RM2612 or RM2812

boohoo222

thanks dave I checked those and its not them...the 2612 and 2812 are the only ones with the same control face

DaveVA78Chieftain

I see what you mean.  You said approx 4ft so most likely a RM2612 (54")
[move][/move]

boohoo222

I think terryh is right, PO riveted access/vent door shut

M & J

You sure that louvered panel doesnt lift up then tilt out from the bottom? Looks like others that I've seen like that.
M & J

boohoo222

don't think so but I will check tomorrow, thanks

boohoo222

dave, ill check height with ruler tomorrow then ill know for sure...just guessed at the height

Rickf1985

On My Pace I have a Dometic RM2214 and the cover is similar to that but a bit smaller with rounded corners. It is hinged at the top and has a turn latch at the bottom.

boohoo222

m+j, that louver was stuck but me and a screwdriver and wd-40 and it came out, thanks.....and now we have a winner.....its a RM2812.....thanks everyone :)clap :)clap

M & J

I knew it. :)  thats what we do here.
M & J