Copper lines in bathroom replacement

Started by Hisroth, September 23, 2017, 11:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hisroth

I've got a 73 Chieftan, and was told it had one water leak.  I've since found 5 and still have more I can't even see. 

Is there a way to replace the copper lines in the bathroom if it's a self contained plastic unit?  I can't find a way to get into any of the walls to even run the lines.  I see a small access panel about 5 inches by 8 inches behind the shower, and a small one behind the toiler that you can't even get to without taking out the toilet first.  Are those my only working areas to replace these lines?

Anyone have another suggestion, like a camping shower or something to use in the bathroom that's small?

I'm considering bypassing all of the lines and just putting a hookup under the bathroom sink and going through the wall there just so there's water somewhere inside the camper instead of nowhere, because I can't find a way to get to the lines under the fridge either and can't get any air out of the faucet there at all, so I imagine that line is broken somewhere as well.

Thanks for any help.

Trunkhill1

Cannot speak as to your issues at getting to the plumbing, But I replaced all the copper with brass connections and braided washing machine lines.  They have provided relief for flex and expansion. 
Cheers

CapnDirk

That's tough.  Without knowing how they did it at the factory it's hard to offer advise.  At some point they had to hook it up to something on the end (shower valve, sink, toilet) and if it were me I'd replace with Plex hose and FlairIt fittings.  The FlaiIt fittings are cheaper than the brass Sharkbite.

As an example, turn loose a sink line, hook the Plex line to the old line with a male male union and back drag it to the next hook up (elbow, T, etc)  Sort of like using the old hose as a snake.

You may want to contact Winnebago by Email.  I've found them very responsive if you give them a few days and they are a focal point of info since many have asked similar questions.
"Anything given sufficient propulsion will fly!  Rule one!  Maintain propulsion"

"I say we nuke the site from orbit.  It's the only way to be sure"