1972 Tioga 360 Carburetor/Intake Replacement Options

Started by 87Itasca, September 18, 2017, 08:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

87Itasca

Hi all,

My friends want to install a 4 barrel carb on the 360 currently in their 18' Tioga motorhome. The current 2 bbl Holley is just wore out, despite a rebuild. They just want to replace vs. try to rebuild again.

I know this will necessitate replacement of the intake manifold. Can anyone recommend a good pairing here? Edelbrock Performer and a 600 cfm Edelbrock maybe? Stick with a 4bbl Holley? I know Summit Racing sells "kits", but I don't know if thats the way to go here or not.

Rickf1985

The Edelbrock Performer can usually be bought as a kit with the carb and manifold and is a very good combination.

MotorPro

87Itasca

What kind of CFM should I be looking at? I hear good things about the 570, but I'm not sure if that would be enough for an RV application.

Rickf1985

600 is perfect for a 360. The secondaries have mechanical throttle plates but vacuum operated air doors so they use no more air or gas than needed by the engine. That is what makes these so much better than the Holley's. And they are infinitely adjustable. You can get a service kit for that carb and set it up any way you want mostly without removing the top of the carb.