'73 D18 Brakes sorted

Started by Tikipaul, August 09, 2017, 06:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tikipaul

Last year I bought my 2nd Winnie, a '73 D18 with a 318, here in the UK. Mechanically very good, but with the 'brake light' on, and a spongy pedal. This was improved slightly by bleeding but over time it just lost fluid somewhere and I was not confident. My 44yr old booster and M/C looked heavily corroded and was weeping.
I read and re-read countless threads on this forum, and was very weary of ordering parts from my suppliers here, as nobody could assure me I would have the correct part.

Geoff Rosenberg from Alretta Truck Parts, has been recommended repeatedly on this forum so I fired him an email.
Geoffrey then rang my from the states to confirm a few things. We had a long chat, convincing me that I had the 'right guy'.
Anyway, parts ordered last Thursday, (booster, master cylinder and a piece of hose), delivered to UK this Monday morning and fitted that evening. all for a price that was unbeatable from sources in the UK.
I have a fantastic brake pedal, and no lights on the dash.

Paul

Oz

I'm sure that was a tremendous relief to find your parts for less than you would pay for them over there and get your brakes up to par!

:)clap
1969 D22, 2 x 1974 D24 Indians, 1977 27' Itasca