Need part# for AC expansion valve on an 89 winnebago.

Started by Rickf1985, August 22, 2017, 04:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rickf1985

Has anyone ever had to replace the expansion valve in their AC system? Winnebago has them but at 68.00 for the part plus shipping I would really like to find the real part number so I could buy it locally. An no, it is NOT a GM part. Installed as part of the coach. I have their number, 103930-20-700

Ok, After doing a whole lot of Googling I found it. Based on the 126 830 03 84 my parts placed crossed that number over to a Mercedes part. $41.00. Have it in the morning. That and some PAG oil and four cans of 134 and I HOPE to have AC for the trip south next week.

http://www.buyautoparts.com/buynow/60-40257&refno=OEM%20Number%20103930-20-700?dest=oem

M & J

PAG? Ester is backwards compatible with the old R12 oil. What I've always used when converting from R12 to R134.
M & J

Rickf1985

POE oil, you are right but this system has already been running 134 since before I bought it. Well, maybe not, I have no idea if it ever worked right. Maybe I will go with the POE and be on the safe side. I tore the compressor down and there was a small piece of silicone or gelled oil or something holding a suction valve open. That gave me a little better suction reading but if I shut the suction line off at the compressor head I can get good negative readings so the compressor is working. Open the valve and the best I can get is 50 lbs. with 120 high side. No temperature differential at the expansion valve.

M & J

Yeah, I keep forgetting those systems use an expansion valve instead of an orifice tube. Wish you luck Rick. Call if you need help..... ;)
M & J