Maiden Voyage

Started by WrigleysBraveWin, August 09, 2017, 10:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WrigleysBraveWin

Loaded up wife and pup and off we went to explore some of the trout streams in NE Iowa. Spent first night at Miner's Creek, this was our very first night in the RV. Wife is accustom to a plush King Bed and pup usually sleeps in his crate so was wondering how all would go.

Wife was so exhausted she fell asleep in the Full Size Bed and Wrigley crashed out in the front dining room / sofa. Next morning wife claimed best night sleep ever, Wrigley had no complaints either.

We averaged 45-55 MPH and got 10.07 MPG going up and 11.89 coming home. Both wife and I comment on how time seemed to fly and how far we drove - Unlike when taking trips in our car, it takes forever to get to your destination and your traveling at 65-75 MPH.

We are super happy with our purchase as well. Purchased in Southern California and drove back to Chicago and then our trip to Iowa. Oil was changed at Dealer in California and so far we have not added any oil - has only used 3/4 of a quart and still looks clean. Taking RV in for service and will change before next trip. Plus everything works, we got hooked up to shore power and ran AC / Fridge and even fired up furnace for a little warmup / test on second day.

Had no issue, well cept' no fish but oh well now have excuse to go back, we love it!
Today is the youngest you'll ever be!

tmsnyder

That's a great size unit, and that 454 must be very happy only having to push along that much weight.  Enjoy it, seems perfect for two plus a dog!

WrigleysBraveWin

Quote from: tmsnyder on August 09, 2017, 02:11 PM
That's a great size unit, and that 454 must be very happy only having to push along that much weight.  Enjoy it, seems perfect for two plus a dog!

Sport RV Size ... Easy to maneuver .... 

We will also be adding our Cat to the mix but not until Wife and Pup and myself get more accustom to RV Camping .... Back when we got really good at tent camping but then the next X Years we did the resort and hotel gig .... Now the RV - I think we like this way the best but time will tell.

RickNC

Awesome to hear of your successful first adventure.
The 23's layout IMO is  perfect for two and the short length and wheel base is agile enough for most any road.

I recently bought a Warrior 23. I'm currently updating and rearranging the interior( Paint, new carpet and seats)  I'm planning a maiden voyage at the end of October.

WrigleysBraveWin

Loving mine / size is perfect  .... We just got three new cushions made and turned the dining table into a full time couch ... Used 5" thick HD foam and professionally upholstered, it is sweet!