New Member in Sacramento

Started by srosa707, August 03, 2017, 02:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

srosa707

Hello everyone.  I just typed a long intro, tried to attach a pic, said it was too big, and deleted my intro!  lol.  Ill keep this short and sweet.  Wife and I just picked up this D20 in Seattle after finding it on Craiglslist.  As far as we can tell it came from Florida to Indiana to Seattle and now Sacramento where we plan to use it a lot!  I have plenty of questions and look forward to being a contributing member to this forum.

LJ-TJ

WOW! Sweet, the Winnebago looks good too. Just kidding :)rotflmao Really the rig looks fantastic. Welcome aboard. If you can't find the answer here I'm not sure it's out there. The only dumb question here is he on you don't ask. We like lots and lots of pictures. Welcome aboard glad to have you. :)ThmbUp

M & J

Theres a  motorhome in that picture?  i??

Very nice camper. Welcome to the nuthouse. (Look out for the crazies)....... W%
M & J

Rickf1985

Man that thing is really clean and straight!! Is it as good looking inside as well? That was quite a find there. 

Froggy1936

I dont understand why the syestem does that , I have created quite a few long winded entrys that for a bunch of reasons were not accepted , Then they vanish instead of waiting for a correction ! Really Sucks. Frank
"The Journey is the REWARD !"
Member of 15 years. We will always remember you, Frank.

tmsnyder

Same here, Really Sucks Frank (is that your new handle?)  but not just on this forum.  Happens elsewhere too.   I've taken to copying my text to the clipboard (select text and hit Control-C) before hitting any of the buttons moving forward.  Just in case, I can always start over and hit Control-V and get all the text back.

WrigleysBraveWin

Very nice looking - Nice find, enjoy!
Today is the youngest you'll ever be!

plockit007

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What a find..keep the wife to. Just like the previous reply WISHING you very well and great travels with your rig and wife to enjoy. Hope the inside looks as great as marvelous as the outside.

We love lots of pictures and stories and issues you may have.

Welcome to th :)clap :)clap :)clap :)clap :)clap :)clap :)clap :)clap :)clap :)ThmbUp :)ThmbUp :)ThmbUp :)ThmbUp :)ThmbUp :)ThmbUp :)ThmbUp :)ThmbUp :)ThmbUp :)ThmbUp :)ThmbUp 

Rickf1985

he is going to think we are nothing but a bunch of dirty old men ogling his wife!!  Come on guys!

srosa707

Gentlemen, don't worry about the ogling as I myself am a dirty old man in training.  Attached are the photo's I received from the previous owner taken with his cell phone.  The RV has been lovingly cared for and its condition shows that.  My goal was to find a vintage pre-smog WB that was as close to stock as possible.  This one fit the bill with decent paint, new roof, and a very clean interior.

LJ-TJ

beaverman

I see it's a Mopar power train, 318?

srosa707

Yes, 318.  Looking at a motor swap in the future.

M & J

Very impressive. Congratulations.
M & J

WrigleysBraveWin

Off Subject but I graduated from El Camino High in Sacramento.... On Subject, very nice find!

Warren

There was a similar  looking WB at a RV dealership in the Seattle area.  Is this the same one?   The photos of the interior
were a time warp.   
Great survivor, and have fun.

srosa707

I dont think this hit a dealership.  The kid I got it off of bought it in Indiana and promptly moved 3 days later to Seattle.  That was about 7 months ago.  From the sound of it, the Brave just sat outside his house. 

beaverman

Quote from: srosa707 on August 04, 2017, 12:36 PM
Yes, 318.  Looking at a motor swap in the future.

You may want to drive it for awhile before you decide to swap to a bigger power plant, that 318-3 that you have is one hell of a motor and they get great mileage when massaged a little bit & tuned properly!

LJ-TJ

There's an old saying "If it ain't broke DON'T FIX IT". I have 21 footers one was a 318 and she ran like a dream. When the wife drove it we could get 8 miles to (rarely)10 miles to the gallon. If I had a complaisant with it you had to know in advance you were going to pass somebody and plan it, and take a run at them. Plus on grades she just lacked the poop to get up the hill fast. Because of situations I still have a 21 footer but with the 440-3 in it. She steps out lively when you want to pass and she breezes up the hills pretty nice to. But you pay for it with 5 to 8 miles to the gallon. If you can live with the 318 I wouldn't touch a thing. Just sit back relax and go cruse in your new rig and enjoy her. Hm?   

WrigleysBraveWin

Quote from: beaverman on August 04, 2017, 06:52 PM

You may want to drive it for awhile before you decide to swap to a bigger power plant, that 318-3 that you have is one hell of a motor and they get great mileage when massaged a little bit & tuned properly!

The 318 was one of the most efficient motors they built and you are 100 percent correct, when properly tuned it is very good motor and it is a motor you can easily get more kick out of with some minor engine upgrades like maybe a tuned exhaust system, better carb, plugs / wires / balanced / different cam - I am no mechanic by any means but the 318 was the engine that gave my 327 problems on J and K Streets when we dragged raced back in late 60s and early 70s in Sacramento.

Warren

Drove the 72 D18 w/ 318 from the SF Bay Area to Orange County.   Down 101 jumped over to the 5 via Ventura,
and had zero issues.  Ran just fine.  Although all mechanical systems were serviced.    So,  drive it awhile,
and see what it says to you. 
Although some previous owner put some Bronco side view mirrors on it.   Not only are they visually out of place,
they are the pits for the El Bravo's vision on the sides. 

Anyone with some RV mirrors similar to the new guy in Sac,  please let me know.

beaverman

You may want to give these folks a call, West Coast RV Recycle and sales  Centralia Wa.  360 660 0346, they do not have a web site.

srosa707

Thanks everyone for your input.  It seems like if I talk to 10 people about an engine swap I get 13 opinions on it!  After driving it nearly 800 miles and getting approximately 7-7.5mpg at 55 and being a dog in the hills I made the decision pretty quick that it would get a transplant.  Since I plan to tow a boat or motorcycle trailer often the 318/727 might not be right for the job.  I am not looking for a hot rod or 25mpg, but something with more power and MAYBE better mileage would be nice.  The 5.9 diesel swap looks compelling, but I am not doing anything for a while.

srosa707

Also, there was a second set of mirrors that came with the RV but I am not sure if they are factory or not.

LJ-TJ

Hey,hey,hey now you didn't say any thing about towing a boat. I can see a 440 in your future. Clean quite expensiveness swap. If you want to see a money pit. Check around here. A few of the lads have done that swap. I think they got in way over there heads money wise. But hey you hit the nail on the head opinions are like bum holes. Every bodies got one. :)rotflmao Just toying with yeah.