Input on Solar.

Started by CapnDirk, July 15, 2017, 01:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CapnDirk

For those with experience with solar, would this be capable on my 30 foot roof to run a reasonable amount of equipment?  Not looking to run the TV, micro, vacuum, fridge, etc all at the same time.

Thanks for any input.

https://portland.craigslist.org/mlt/rvd/d/watt-solar-panel-kit/6185245462.html
"Anything given sufficient propulsion will fly!  Rule one!  Maintain propulsion"

"I say we nuke the site from orbit.  It's the only way to be sure"

CapnDirk

My attempt to list equipment was only to convey that I'm realistic about what I want to use.  I won't be running a vacuum, and microwave only on occasion.  My TV and internet bluray player draw 55 watt together.  However, turn on the 5.1 surround sound and I hit 350.  Thank you for pointing out the current draw on the fridge.  Didn't know it was that low.

A 1500 watt pure sine was already a made decision (again, being conservative as to what to expect from batteries).

Will be on the roof today or tomorrow getting ready to start the repairs.  Rear 1/3 of roof structure in it's entirety is being replaced.  If I know the mounting requirement, I can build that in.  I'm thinking one on either side in the luggage rack area with a walk path down the middle (eliminating the rack bars).  Power down the fridge cavity is fine as the power center is below the fridge.

So, TV, fridge, laptop, keep batteries charged, occasional micro.  I can't see running AC without shore power or generator.  Do you feel the system is adequate for occasional few day boondocking?

Again, thanks for all the input.  Part of the attraction is I can pick them up and avoid any shipping cost.
"Anything given sufficient propulsion will fly!  Rule one!  Maintain propulsion"

"I say we nuke the site from orbit.  It's the only way to be sure"