Started by Bill Hime, July 11, 2017, 09:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bill Hime

Hello everyone! I have to say I can't tell you how excited I am to have just bought my first RV! I just completed the purchase of an 76' Chieftain, 27' Dodge , Model M400, T.O.N. NJ66229, Max GVW 12000.

It's been parked at a farm and driven once per year to a local festival. It's rough inside but most things work. we took it for a drive, other than a exhaust leak it ran great with lots of power. Brakes were solid, transmission shifted smooth when you got on it.
In the short, the headlights don't work, the air conditioner in roof and up front don't work. The heater may not work.
The frig and stove/oven do work. The door latch is shot requiring a screw driver to get out. I couldn't be More delighted.
The long term plan is to do a full upgraded interior with custom cabinets and finish. Outside, we're going to clean her up, make sure she has no leaks and leave her looking aged.
I took a ton of pics that I'll upload later when I get home.

Looking forward to learning from all of you!

Bill Hime
And the journey begins....!

joanfenn

another victim of the wonderful world of restoring old rvs.  So nice that you could join us.  First we love pictures looking forward to seeing them and second the only dumb question is the one you didn't ask.   :)

plockit007

OutStanding...A huge welcome to the club...definately pictures. It will look great when you get done. You will have lots of people looking.

We have got lots of good info...look forward to hearing from you. :)ThmbUp :)clap :)clap

Bill Hime

Bill Hime

LJ-TJ

WOW great stuff. Sweet ride. Can't wait to see more pic's.  :)ThmbUp