Need 75 brave d21 roof vent

Started by acenjason, July 07, 2017, 11:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

acenjason

Hello :)
I am trying to see if anyone knows where to get one of the old style rounded corners roof vents? And not just a cover. The whole thing is shot. Not long ago someone on here suggested that I try Winnebago Industries. I did and they don't make or have any of the roof vent assemblies for my Winnebago. Does anyone have an idea? I figure I can't be the only guy that has had a 42 year old roof vent fail. I don't even know how to take the old one out. There are no screws..... anyway, any help would be greatly appreciated.

Rickf1985

If that is the case you might as well just put in a Fantastic fan or similar. The only place you are going to find one if Winnebago does not have it is a used one and that will probably be beat up from removal.

LJ-TJ

You might try Sands RV in Madison Ohio. He had a couple on the back shelf last time I was there. Brad and I picked up a pair and he had a couple left over. Tell Bob the Canadian sent you. Hm? Now I think of it don't know if that's good or bad.

CapnDirk

Acenjason:  I'd just go with current application.  Old one screwed in from the inside as I'm told, new one from the outside.  Unless you REALLY want to keep it stock for posterity I would not worry about it.

Lj-Tj:  It's bad, really bad.  Our president is talking about building a wall and have the Canadians pay for it.   :)rotflmao
"Anything given sufficient propulsion will fly!  Rule one!  Maintain propulsion"

"I say we nuke the site from orbit.  It's the only way to be sure"

M & J

M & J

acenjason

Thanks to everyone for your help :)  I was trying to get an original or repop because the new vent assembly doesn't fit the old hole. I will have to take a hole with rounded corners and cut it into a hole with sharp corners in order to install the new style vent assembly. I just know that cutting into a roof can be problematic. But, it looks like I might have to. Thanks again :D

joanfenn

do you have a picture of the roof vent in your Winnie?  I was looking at some replacement roof vents that are square on the flanges but are rounded on the part that goes through the ceiling.  There might be something out there that would work without cutting into your roof,

plockit007

Hello I just replaced my roof vent with a standard 14 x 14 vet. Some vents are literally sealed in and use no screws other have screws that are under the sealant. My old rood vent was a rounded one as well.

Like the guys suggested..bite the bullet and just upgrade.

Rickf1985

Most Winnebago vents are screwed from below. They screw into the upper frame sandwiching the roof in between. A much better setup than drilling holes in the roof.