How to replace a compressor for a water pump?

Started by Trunkhill1, June 06, 2017, 11:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trunkhill1

Quote from: Rickf1985 on August 18, 2017, 11:26 AM
Nicely done. Is that a newer tank? The clean welds and no rust sort of looks like it is much newer than the coach.
No, the ends of the tank had burst even though I thought I had all the water drained last winter.  I had a friend weld them back together.
So I learned to leave the valves open even though "all" the water is drained out of the system.

Trunkhill1

Quote from: Rickf1985 on August 18, 2017, 11:26 AM
Nicely done. Is that a newer tank? The clean welds and no rust sort of looks like it is much newer than the coach.

Here's the pics of what happened this last spring...

Trunkhill1

So one important note for my water system, especially since I replaced the air compressor for a water pump.  I used braided washing machine line to replace all the copper lines due to multiple leaks; if anyone else does this ensure to remove any in-line mesh-screens within the ends of the washing machine lines themselves!  The washing machine lines may have extremely fine miniature mesh push-in screens which will trap rust/debris in the tanks/lines and give one no end in frustration when you try to prime the system a few months later!
Needless to say Occam's razor came into play after a few days troubleshooting as I was moving and replacing the pushbutton actuator switch for the water system from the fuse panel to a new rocker-switch nearer the sink and shower...  The results were a great improvement however.
Cheers!

CapnDirk

Real nice, and thank you for contributing back for those in the future. 
I may have missed it, but how did you address the vent issue?
"Anything given sufficient propulsion will fly!  Rule one!  Maintain propulsion"

"I say we nuke the site from orbit.  It's the only way to be sure"

Trunkhill1

Quote from: CapnDirk on September 25, 2017, 04:19 PM
Real nice, and thank you for contributing back for those in the future. 
I may have missed it, but how did you address the vent issue?
I took the brass T off the end of the tank and replaced it with a simple elbow.  The petcock under the trailer provides the venting for fill and use.  See the before/after pics.
Cheers!