Dipstick tube dodge 440

Started by blindguu45, May 30, 2017, 06:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

blindguu45

Hi
I have a1977 pace arrow A with a dodge 440 on the m40 chasis and i need the dipstick tube.....are there any sources for this?

Thx

DaveVA78Chieftain

Because it comes out the front of the RV, about the only place I know of is a junk yard
[move][/move]

Froggy1936

My original 77 chev 350 had a homemade tube Made from copper tubeing Slightly ground down to fit into the block  . Actally it was very accurate , And it ran up to the frt next to the A/C Compressor   Frank
"The Journey is the REWARD !"
Member of 15 years. We will always remember you, Frank.

RANGERRICK

Do you need the upper portion or the lower portion?If you need the lower portion,i have it.

mattyj858

Hey guys while we are on this topic. How can you make sure your dipstick and tube is the right length?
On my 73 400 I noticed one oil check that I couldn't feed the cable dipstick back in. After inspecting I noticed the previous owner ( a master of jimmy rigging) used a small portion of what looks to be transmission line to create the bend from the oil tube opening then clamped it to the tubbing going downward to the sump. The rubber tubbing is only the bend and maybe 6"-8" long. My concern is I don't know if it's 100% accurate. On oil changes I follow the recommended amounts of quarts but can't tell 100% if I am burning a lot of oil on the road?

CapnDirk

If you change the oil and filter to the manufacturers amount, run it for a minute, let it set for a minute, then check it on the stick and mark it  (if off) at that point for full.
"Anything given sufficient propulsion will fly!  Rule one!  Maintain propulsion"

"I say we nuke the site from orbit.  It's the only way to be sure"

mattyj858

Quote from: CapnDirk on June 24, 2017, 03:40 PM
If you change the oil and filter to the manufacturers amount, run it for a minute, let it set for a minute, then check it on the stick and mark it  (if off) at that point for full.

Yea thanks did that, next time I will check and mark right after