Wipers won’t turn off

Started by 88CruiserM27rq, July 30, 2018, 09:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

88CruiserM27rq

Recently I had to remove the wiper fuse because they just run constantly.
Anybody ever have this happen?
I read that maybe heating up the solder at the motor may help. Is it a short or caused by water at the motor? Or the wiper switch?
Any advice or suggestions and I’ll look into it tomorrow.
Thanks

Rickf1985

I would unplug the wiper control at the steering column first and put the fuse back in and see if they still run. It could be the switch. In trying to solve some wiper problems a while ago we found that these years of Winnebago's used several different wiper switches. No rhyme or reason, just seems like they had boxes full of random switches and controls for wipers and cruise controls.

88CruiserM27rq

Okay I’ll do some trouble shooting tomorrow. If they stay going after unplugging the switch, what is the next switch or relay that I should look into?

Rickf1985

Do they hesitate for just a split second at the end of each swipe and then go again? If so that is usually an indication of a park issue in the motor. I don't know if there is a relay in these or not, if there is then it is definitely worth checking as I have seen them stick many times. I am going to vote for the switch though since these wipers work on a 5 pin plug if I remember correctly and the voltage is sent out on different circuits to tell the motor to park and shut off.

enigma960080

I had an 89 SuperChief that had possessed wipers. Mine had a control module located under the dash and above the doghouse, Last I checked they wanted some crazy price for it like it was made of gold... I took the fuse out and replaced it with a toggle switch....
2000 Fleetwood Southwind 32V--deceased
2001 National RV Dolphin M-5332