Temperature sensor - '93 chevy 454. Where is it?

Started by Dolores, May 26, 2017, 04:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dolores

Can anyone tell me where the temperature sensor on my '93 Chevy 454 is situated please?

lexadmn

Quote from: Dolores on May 26, 2017, 04:21 PM
Can anyone tell me where the temperature sensor on my '93 Chevy 454 is situated please?

The temperature "sensor" on my 93 454 is located on the passenger side head.
The temperature "sendor" is located on the driver side head.

KC

Dolores

Great !   Thanks for the reply. I have found it and will be changing it this morning. Hopefully the gauge will work again!

Rickf1985

If this is for the gauge then you want the "sender" and not the"sensor" which is for the computer. On some models the computer sensor also controls the gauge, I am not sure about yours. The connectors will be different so if you get a gauge sender you will find it by finding the one with the matching connector.

Dolores

Hi Rick, Yes, it turns out I needed the 'sender' not the 'sensor' but never mind, it's got a brand new sensor now and waiting for a sender to be delivered hopefully next Wednesday ! Thanks to both of you for the replies.  :)clap

Froggy1936

Hi Dolores, I see you have a modified veh, We would be interested in seeing some pictures of the Diesel installation, And some of the Specs MPG ,RPM, Etc . THis is a goal of a lot of us  Thanks  Frank
"The Journey is the REWARD !"
Member of 15 years. We will always remember you, Frank.

Dolores

My old lady Travelcruiser was one of only 12 ever imported into the UK and was professionally converted to a Perkins diesel by the Importers

CapnDirk

Quote from: Dolores on May 29, 2017, 05:55 AM
My old lady Travelcruiser was one of only 12 ever imported into the UK and was professionally converted to a Perkins diesel by the Importers

She's a keeper!  :)clap
"Anything given sufficient propulsion will fly!  Rule one!  Maintain propulsion"

"I say we nuke the site from orbit.  It's the only way to be sure"

Oz

I like simple tests for electrical systems, like with a motorcycle to see if you have spark. Remove the spark plug and leave it in the plug wire, crank the engine while touching the end of the plug with your tongue... observe the results.
1969 D22, 2 x 1974 D24 Indians, 1977 27' Itasca

M & J

M & J

TerryH

:'( :'( :'( :)rotflmao :)rotflmao :)rotflmao N:( N:( N:(

Sorta like how we used to test 9V transistor radio batteries....... but a lot worse!
It is not our abilities that show what we truly are - it is our choices.
Albus Dumbledore

Rickf1985

There was a senior in Vo-tech school where I went who had access to a Model A magneto that someone had installed a crank on and put a wire out the end. He used to enjoy waiting till the underclassmen were washing up and run in cranking on that thing and zapping the hell out of us. Well I had had enough of that one day and considering I was much bigger than a lot of my classmates I tackled him and they had there turn at cranking the mag. I got zapped a few times while holding him but it was worth it. He left our group alone after that. There was talk that him and his buddies were going to "Pay me back" but it never happened.