Part number P/N for Bed lift struts

Started by CapnDirk, April 29, 2017, 02:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CapnDirk

If anyone has a queen bed set up where gas shocks can lift the mattress and platform can you give me the measurements or part number of the shock?  I'm converting to queen bed and rather than trial and error thought it would be easier to just order what the factory used.

Thanks
"Anything given sufficient propulsion will fly!  Rule one!  Maintain propulsion"

"I say we nuke the site from orbit.  It's the only way to be sure"

DaveVA78Chieftain

I suspect you will have to measure them and purchase a generic brand
https://www.google.com/#q=rv+bed+lift+cylinders

Tailgate shocks should also work
https://www.google.com/#q=tailgate+lift+cylinders

[move][/move]

CapnDirk

Thanks, but I have nothing now (in the process of rebuilding bedroom from two singles to queen)  Figured it would be an easy route to just find out what someone else had installed that would of course be the correct size and poundage for a queen and the sheet material under it.
"Anything given sufficient propulsion will fly!  Rule one!  Maintain propulsion"

tmsnyder

DaveVA78Chieftain

The first link from google I selected took me to hatchlift.com where the kits are so inexpensive that trying to reinvent the wheel is simply not worth it.
[move][/move]

CapnDirk

Oz

Interesting term for them.  "Shocks"... the things which dampen your suspension when you hit bumps.
Hardly what you'd associate with something that lifts a bed.  N:(

Automotive use for hoods and lift gates are "struts". 
But then, that term is also used when "shocks" have been replaced with "struts".   Hm?

PotAto - Potahto, TomAto - Tomahto. 

They should have a name other than shocks or struts, and they darn sure aren't springs... too confusing.  D:oH!

"Lift arms" is what they should be called.   W%

But I suppose shock or strut would work if you were googling them.  i??
1969 D22, 2 x 1974 D24 Indians, 1977 27' Itasca

tmsnyder

What I meant was, those are called 'gas springs', if you wanted to search for and buy one.  Such as at McMaster Carr, where they are called gas springs.  If you search gas struts or shocks, they come up as gas springs, just thought that using the actual name of the part might make it easier to find it:

https://www.mcmaster.com/#gas-springs/=17nwpzw

They have the brackets also, you could design your own system.

stanDman111

ata boy & thanks for the clarification for proper definition  & where to purchase

CapnDirk

You're right OZ.  they have been called many things over the years.  Including what is almost always on the side, some manufacturer called ..

donotcutopen

Oz

1969 D22, 2 x 1974 D24 Indians, 1977 27' Itasca