READ THE BOARD DESCRIPTIONS AND STAY ON TOPIC

Started by Oz, April 26, 2017, 12:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oz

From time to time, it's necessary to remind everyone that our message boards have been set up for ease of posting and finding topics which apply to the major different categories they cover. Read them before posting.

The General board is NOT for asking technical questions.  If you need help with installing a brake master cylinder and booster, post a new topic on the correct board.

Do NOT interject other topics into existing ones:  If you have a problem with your windshield washer not working, post a new topic, do NOT interject it into a brake master cylinder and booster installation topic.

I have been kind enough to take the time to split, rename, and post such topics on the correct boards so they can continue to receive helpful input from others and can be easily found, but I really shouldn't have to.

A little courtesy to following the forum rules is expected of every member.  If they aren't followed, the other option for me, which is much less involved and time consuming, is to delete the posts which do not follow the rules since they detract from the original question posted by a member and confuse the entire topic.  I really don't want to do that but, if any particular member continues to disregard the basic, sensible rules of topic posting, I will.

The long time members who know these rules shouldn't be answering the interjected and off-topic replies, that only compounds the problem and dismisses the rules as unnecessary.  They should be telling them to start a new topic.  This will allow for the new questions to be made more prominent and receive more attention, quicker, than when buried in a completely different topic.  This also helps the other members to follow the rules, which helps everyone.

1969 D22, 2 x 1974 D24 Indians, 1977 27' Itasca