Windshield washer doesn't work

Started by Winnebago Warrior 94, April 22, 2017, 11:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Winnebago Warrior 94

I  have a 22ft winnebago  warrior . .i  like the size of mine ..we had to replace  our rotary and the brakes and the brake fluid lines and now they are working . .was sticking and hanging up ..I  replaced the win shield wipers the other day ..went to 2 auto stores they was telling me they couldn't help me ..I was thinking great I'm going to run into trouble ..they don't sell just the refills anymore . .so I went to  Walmart the guy there was around 19 but looked like he may have actually   worked on a few older cars before ..so I decided to ask him he said yep you just pull the pin and replace the arm ..worked perfect and super easy to change at 4.88 for each arm I'm a happy  camper and easy  change out and they work perfect ..can't believe  the other auto stores didn't know that ..almost had me stressing ..now I need to figure out  how the water works for the windshield ..it looks like it may suppose to have hoses that attach to squirting water from wiper arms but not  sure on that ..your new rig is adorable 

Rickf1985

Nine times out of ten the reason the washer does not work is a rotted hose at one end or the other. Find you windshield washer reservoir bottle under the hood and at the bottom there will be a small pump with a little hose attached, or supposedly attached. If it is not there you will have to search around the area for it. Then up at the other end the hose will go to either squirters in the hood or cowl or they will go to the wiper arms and the squirters will be on the arms. Make sure the hose is attached at that end also. If all of that is attached and there is fluid in the bottle then you need to find the fuse and go the electrical check route.

Winnebago Warrior 94

I followed what you said I found the hose on the bottom it seems to be ok..I followed the hose and it ends with a plastic t in it ..nothing attached to the "t" so I assume hoses are supposed  to  be  attached....I see to round places that's a hole  under the wiper arms that appear to me like maybe there is supposed to be a hose coming out of it thst go to the hose looking sttachment on the wiper arms but there isn't any and when I look  inside from the rear where the wiper arm levers are I  don't see where a hose would be attached  or how you would get it through the hole ..on the arms of my wiper blades there is a attachment that looks like a hose should be attached to it to spray water on windshield but there isn't a hose ..I did  put water in the water holding reservoir and I did take off the t at the end of the hose in case it was clogged but I couldn't get water to come out when I put it on mist inside so I'm going to have to do further investigation  😃

Rickf1985

If you take the hose off of the pump while the tank is full the solution should just run right out through the pump without it running. If it does not it may be clogged in the tank. As far as how the squirters hook up you will have to wait for one of the owners of an older one like yours, I am not familiar with your particular unit and they are all different.

Winnebago Warrior 94

Hopefully someone has a winnebago   warrior like mine so I can find about how the windshield washers are supposed  to work ..but i am glad at least my windshield  wipers are working ?thank you

TerryH

I have a 92 Brave, same chassis, etc., and likely similar wiper/washer set up that works fine.
Your post and request is somewhat difficult to understand.
A few photos of what you are questioning would help, unless a more detailed and specific explanation may be provided.
Trying to assist you here.
It is not our abilities that show what we truly are - it is our choices.
Albus Dumbledore

Winnebago Warrior 94

I've tried to post photos but they are saying file is too large and the need reduced ...I followed the hose on the bottom from my windshield  washer resevoir  and went up by radiator and was ran up close to the area and then was stuck behind something  and there is just a little plastic t on it ..like there should be hoses attached to the t ..I tried it and put a paper towel over it but n8w water came out of the t ...I took the t off in case it was clogged ..no water still ..so washer resevoir   may be clogged so I'll start from there ..but from the t I believe  there should be hoses attached to it .and so far  im not finding  the hoses..you could tell me what area does your windshield  washer fluid spray from on your windshield ?  Is there any hoses that attach to your washer blades or does it spray from front of the dash ,.how is yours set up?

tmsnyder

Do you hear the pump running when a helper runs the washer pump?  If not, check for a blown fuse.  If the fuse looks good, check to see that you're getting 12v at the pump when the washer button is pressed in the cab, when the key is on obviously.  If it's getting power and not running then it's the pump.

Oz

I think I addressed the photo size issue with you by pm, Winnebago Warrior 94 by PM, but in case I didn't...

1. Save your photos as .jpg or jpeg, not .png or other format (those types of files are excessively large in data usage).
2. Read this post and do what it says: http://www.classicwinnebagos.com/forum/index.php/topic,7125.msg31320.html#msg31320
1969 D22, 2 x 1974 D24 Indians, 1977 27' Itasca

Winnebago Warrior 94

thanks for the picture advice oz ..I finally figured it out ..im slow but I get there ..well I figured out that my windshield washer electrical line is not plugged in ..Im pure genius..lol  ..I should have checked there first ...I should be a rocket scientist ..lol ..its rolled up and there is an adapter that hooks to something but what it hooks to I don't know ..so soon as I figure that out I might get water flowing ..but I also need to get the little water lines that go from the "T " spot I found that run to the winshield wipers ..I need to check the auto stores .hopefully they carry it .does anyone know what the power line should plug up to?

Rickf1985

There should be a pump sticking out of the bottom side of the washer bottle and that is where the wire will plug into. Possible it is missing in which case there will be a hole where the pump should be. This is usually in a very hard to see spot so a mirror on a stalk is a big help.

Winnebago Warrior 94

The water resevoir  is there ..the wire is unplugged and rolled up and laying on the water pump itself ...I haven't figured out what the wiring connects to ..does it connect to something up by the dash ?

EldoradoBill

The washer gets its signal from the wiper module tucked behind the dash, the module, in turn, gets its signal from the column "smart" switch.

Bill

DaveVA78Chieftain

The 94 Warrior owners manual says the wiper/washer control is on the turn signal stalk which connects to the wiper module which is also connected to the wiper/washer  motor that EldoradoBill just mentioned. 
The 1991 P30 manual says the washer motor should have 2 wires.  The white wire (circuit 93) at the wiper module is B+ to the washer motor and wiper motors (fused hot with key ON).   The pink wire (circuit 94) at the wiper module is the ground path.  In this case, the turn signal washer switch grounds the pink wire to ground to close the circuit. 
[move][/move]

Winnebago Warrior 94

There is a plastic plug on the end of the wire ..I need to figure  out what that hooks up to..that for the dash info I'll have to search that way from the engine ..my windshield  wiper blades do work ..I'll have to try and take some pictures of it and post them when I get back to my house