V.E.C.I. Sticker, 79' Dodge Fleetwood Tioga

Started by Berlin-Tioga, April 19, 2017, 04:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Berlin-Tioga

Hi to everyone from Berlin/Germany!

About a year ago we bought a 79' Dodge Fleetwood Tioga.
It has a 440 with a 9211S Thermoquad on it and a 727 transmission.
Last year my wife, our three kids and me had some nice journeys around Europe with her.
Issues? One broken waterpump and the driveshaft had to be overhauled.
Besides that only minor things and lots of fun.

Now I rebuild the carb an I like to give her a full tune up on the ignition too.
Still has the standard distributor, I guess, but I have to take a closer look.
Sadly, the often mentioned V.E.C.I. Sticker inside the engine compartment seems to be long gone.
Could anyone provide a picture of such a sticker matching my car?
Or give me the basic info about timing?
Also I am looking for basic numbers for front end alignment.
The manual I got -Haynes- says: look up the sticker in your engine compartment. Funny.

Thank you very much for your help!!
You might have noticed, I am not a mechanic, but I try to do everything by myself.
Please be gracious if I use the wrong terms or ask silly questions. Still learning  :-[

Greetings from Germany,

ben

stanDman111

Rickf1985

Welcome Ben. You have a countryman over there in Germany who belongs to the forum here. He sold his older Winnie but I see he is still checking in on the forum. His name is Thomas and here is his info. I am sure he has all of the info you could ever need and also has it in your language.

http://www.classicwinnebagos.com/forum/index.php?action=profile;u=6927

If that does not work out we have all of the manuals here at the site available for download for full members.

Schmitti

Understeer is when you see the tree, if you'll take. Oversteer is when you only hear him on impact.

Rickf1985

Im hope I did not overstep my bounds by giving him your info Thomas.