1990 Rexhall Vision?

Started by fud2468, August 22, 2014, 01:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fud2468

Hi,
Hopefully I can get some info here.
A local lady has a 22' Rexhall Vision for sale for $15,000. It's on a Ford chassis and she says it's a 1990 but it looks almost new.
I have an old RV Blue Book which lists makes from 1984 t0 1994 and I do not find any Rexhall listed! I did not ask to see the title.
Is this lady somehow mistaken and Rexhall did not begin manufacture until after 1994? I can't seem to find out on other sites.
Thank you,
36 Rascal.

DonD

Don and Mary
2000 TC1000 Bluebird bus conv.

legomybago

52,000? ???

Must be something REALLY special ???

I looked at a couple Rexall class A's that were built in the 90's that were for sale, and they all had fiberglass delamination issues down the sides...that is just what I seen W% I personally didnt see any (high end) coach building for the price either....
Never get crap happy with a slap happy pappy

DonD

Don and Mary
2000 TC1000 Bluebird bus conv.

fud2468

Pardon me, I didn't show due dilgence. I checked further and in the table of comments in my Blue Book i see that "Vision" IS listed, by Rexhall, Saugus, California.
However no information is listed in the main part of the book under Vixen or Rexhall.Maybe production numbers were too small to count.
At least we know there's a 1990 Vixen in Australia. The diesel would account for part of that price, but it still seems pretty high.
Thanks for the replies,
36 Rascal.

fud2468

Update to today. 8-31-14
Previously i had taken only a quick look at this coach since the price was much more than I would have been willing to pay. It happened that the rig did not sell right away and the owner kept bringing the price down. The price first went to $10,000 yesterday, then this morning it was on Craigslist for $5500!
Wife and I rushed to see it and we made a deal on it for that price.
The seller has had it for 4 years and has put about $20,000 into it since, including tires with about 5000 miles on them, fitting the dash A/C with 134 refrigerent, new batteries, etc., all documented.
Other lookers were put off by the age of the vehicle but it looks new and with the money that's been put into it I'm not concerned. Unfortunately the seller had no printed material covering appliances so when I get possession Tuesday I'll set about identifying all appliances to see if I can get manuals on them. I'll also want to contact other owners since there appear to be few 22' Visions in this style built in 1989-'90.
At the price I feel I can't go too far wrong; we'll see.
Ray Mac

TerryH

The seller has had it for 4 years and has put about $20,000 into it since, including tires with about 5000 miles on them,

Looks nice, main thing is that you are both happy with it.
Recommendation  - tires, brakes and steering are extremely important for road travel.
5000 miles is inconsequential for  rv. tires. 4 years however is rapidly approaching replacement time. Sidewall wear and damage, occurring with age (and not always readily visible) are usually a more important factor than tread wear with an rv, given the lower than norm yearly mileage. Suggestion only.

Regardless, hope you both enjoy!

Terry

It is not our abilities that show what we truly are - it is our choices.
Albus Dumbledore

fud2468

Terry, thanks.
Yes i'm aware that the age of a tire is the critical issue, not the amount of tread.
Though the repairs and maintenance done by the seller spanned 4 years, most were done within the last 2 years, including the tires and brakes.
So the tires are only 2 years old.
Next task before i take it in to get it smogged (California) will be to try to pull codes, for which i already have a code reader. Does anyone know where to look for the OBD-1 connector on a Ford motor home? I assume I start by looking inside the engine cover.
36 Rascal, aka Ray Mac (hard to keep track of handles for various sites)!

Oz

Where to find and OBD 1 connector is a different subject. 

Please start a new topic.   ;)

We have a ton of appliance manuals and other resources in the Member Area.  Directly downloadable for all Full Members!

:) :)ThmbUp
1969 D22, 2 x 1974 D24 Indians, 1977 27' Itasca

fud2468

Thanks, OZ, I'll take possession today and will soon know how to operate everything.
Sorry if i got off topic. As it turned out I should have just done a search with the proper keywords, so I won't need to start a new topic.
Ray Mac

fud2468

I haven't been on this site for a long time.  The Vision has been sitting since I got it, because of illness, and Another problem has been frustration at the difficulty of servicing the engine. Prior to getting it smogged and on the road I need to change the engine air filter but it's barely even visible when I remove the cover on top of the doghouse. The only thing I can think of is to bypass the factory filter with a pair of filters under the rear of the doghouse, each one feeding into one of the two tubes coming out of the throttle body.
I'll update things when I make some progress.
Ray Mac.

LJ-TJ

Got any more pictures. She looks like a sweet ride. Well done.

Oz

He hasn't been on since August, 2016
1969 D22, 2 x 1974 D24 Indians, 1977 27' Itasca

Rickf1985

I just saw a very low mileage one for auction sale due to front accident damage on Coparts.com. Didn't give it a second thought since I am not interested in them but it may still be there. Just an FYI for anyone looking for one.