What are these parts..?

Started by budder, April 01, 2017, 02:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

budder

Ok I'm tiding up the wiring on the old dodge.im going to install a hei distributor I take it all of these are for the old electronic ignition.

DaveVA78Chieftain

[move][/move]

budder

So what is the bottom picture of?

Rickf1985

Looks like an old voltage regulator.

skloon

Second last picture is a ballast resistor it reduces the coil voltage to 9v, last one is something that fails and you can't trunk the starter over, I don't know what it is but carried on in my old van

Rickf1985

The ballast resistor is above it. Never mind. He asked what the last one was and I did not see that you offer the second up.

DaveVA78Chieftain

Voltage Regulator

http://dave78chieftain.com/Charging_Syste.html

Before you stripped them off the mounting  plate

I take it you are doing this with out the Service Manual or you would have reference information like this.
[move][/move]

stanDman111

since we are on this topic = is the plate that these parts are retained on, different from small block verses big block?

budder

Mine weren't on a plate they were dotted around the engine bay. ;)

stanDman111

funny mine where too! what engine do you have?

DaveVA78Chieftain

QuoteMine weren't on a plate they were dotted around the engine bay. ;)

Given you have a  Class C rig on a van chassis that is natural.  While a Class C and  a Class A chassis share many of the same components, their locations are much different.  Sorry, that was my mistake for not looking at your signature first to see you had a MB400 chassis.
[move][/move]

budder

Ok I have found this it looks more like the voltage regulator.

LJ-TJ

budder

Rickf1985

Emissions control switch. Toss it!

http://www.mopartruckparts.com/images2/module-speed-control-3874129.jpg

http://www.mopartruckparts.com/group-28.html

It's an Emissions Speed Switch and you really don't need it if you are not in a smog area that requires it. Unplug it and set it on the shelf in the garage, it may be worth money as an antique... :)

budder

I like tossing things. Cheers mate. That should improve my mpg  W% D:oH! . Just have to find more weight saving somewhere elsa :-[ .

Rickf1985

And to be perfectly honest I did not know what it was, I googled the part number on it. Never saw one on the fleet vehicles I worked on, or I never had an issue with one so never paid attention to it.

RCND

Howdy All:

Does anybody know what this switch does?

Does it serve the same function that was in the old Ford ECUs that retarded the ignition three degrees for hot start up? This was not a bad thing.

If so, does unpluging it give standard timing or retarded timing? This would be good to know.

Take care.
Robert

Oz

1969 D22, 2 x 1974 D24 Indians, 1977 27' Itasca

Rickf1985

Feedback on ??? ?   What switch? He has not been on for a year so I am thinking he got it figured out whatever it was. :D

Went back a few posts and saw it is a emissions speed switch. Said then I had never seen one, still haven't. :D   Dave?