Sprite Caravan

Started by LJ-TJ, March 22, 2017, 08:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rickf1985

Pictures man!!! You know we want pictures! There is some guy on here named TJ that gets all upset when you don't post pictures. W% W% W% W% :)rotflmao :)rotflmao

LJ-TJ

M & J

Just when I was getting past the pink barn someone brings it up again.... SMH.
M & J

stanDman111

actually its a airplane hanger (a pink one at that)

LJ-TJ

Which also houses a 1943 ford fire truck and a 18 foot manned model battleship. But we digress. I couldn't get any really good photos of the inside. It will have to wait until I get the cover off the front and rear windshield. But here's the best I could do.

Rickf1985

oooh, did we hit a nerve with the picture thing? :)rotflmao :)rotflmao :)rotflmao :)rotflmao :)rotflmao :)rotflmao :)rotflmao :)rotflmao

It looks better than I thought it would, seems pretty solid for sitting in the weeds.

LJ-TJ

Yeah! I know. People who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones. I'll know better after the weekend when I get a chance to work on her a bit. The ceiling front to back and around the skylight feels real punkie. A buddy's lending me his torch set so hopefully I'll be able to get the hitch to work. Picture's to follow. D:oH!

M & J

And we love pictures.
M & J

Rickf1985

Hitch repair tool = BFH. They do have then up there don't they? :D

LJ-TJ

LJ-TJ

B&B Beta Coupling with autolock head
This is the style hitch on these little girls. Mine was seized but after putting a little heat on it, it works like a dream.

LJ-TJ

It doesn't rain that it pours. Just found this but not sure if it will work when I post it.

www.thomson-caravans.co.uk/advice/maintenance/pdf/bbhandbookchassis72-83.pdf

LJ-TJ

I think when you click on the link I posted a PDF of a Sprite trailer frames shows up.  i??

stanDman111

strangest hitch set up I ever seen/ brake system is kinda funky too!

LJ-TJ

It's British what'd you expect. :)rotflmao D:oH!

stanDman111

all you need now is a classic m g  to tow it

LJ-TJ

This is what she really looks like. Fascinating set up.

Rickf1985

What holds it in the locked position? If anything. Kind of looks like it will just lift up to unlock.

LJ-TJ

It you look back at the drawing you'll see a spring loaded clasp on the side of the handle you pull up on. The handle is spring loaded to snap back down and there's a piece that it clips on to keep it from popping back up. Hm?

LJ-TJ

Well the weather broke today and I finally had a chance to do some work on the Sprite. Even if it was just a good wash.

LJ-TJ

:)ThmbUp I guess Sprites are like Oreo's. You just can't have one. L.J. and I were out cursing on a Sunday afternoon back road drive and low and be hold what did we see. Another Sprite. Did I ever say what a dream they are to tow. WOW! We've got a little 4 cylinder and man you forget it's even on the back. The other funny thing with these little girls is you can see right through the caravans windows. Yeah! Look in the rear view mirror and you can see through the front window on the trailer through the back and right out side to see what's behind you. You don't even need mirror extensions on the car. Crazy. Fun to pull. Shoot now we got a his and her's. D:oH!

M & J

Thats not yours. No pink barn..
M & J

stanDman111

that's cause its in the drive over by the house

LJ-TJ

Rickf1985

And the addiction begins....................................