I WAS SO EXCITED at this roof/canopy,...

Started by DRMousseau, March 22, 2017, 01:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DRMousseau

....then I found it was only a toy. :(

It popped into the front page gallery side bar. And I was so excited to see how someone overcame the issues involved and jus how they made it work! Then I clicked on it to lean more,.... DANG!
But the thought of an aluminum-framed, rigid, sliding roof-top canopy,.... how awesome would that be!!!!! Hm?
Welcome,..
To The Crazy Old Crow Medicine Show
DR Mousseau - Proprietor
Elixirs and Mixers, Potions and Lotions, Herbs, Roots, and Oils
"If I don't have it,... you don't need it!"

skloon

I leave the sunroof open on my car too much, although it wouldn't take much to dry this unit out

DRMousseau

I actually thought it was a sliding rigid aluminum canopy,.... a second roof! Extra protection from rain snow and heat, and a full-length hard canopy that slides from the roof for nice days!

I wanted to see the track system, and how they accommodated the AC and roof vents. The air space below and the openings front and rear look like these would allow operation of AC and vents when either closed or open. Jus wanted to see how it all worked. I was so bummed to find it was jus a toy model. The idea jus seemed perfect!!!!
Welcome,..
DR Mousseau - Proprietor

Rickf1985

I think the giant cabinet and door in the background and especially the word "Tonka" on the tire is kind of a dead give away.

I can already envision an arm system that would work, not slide but lift and curl. The top would be rather top-heavy though.

M & J

I was checking to see when Tonka made tires.  :)  Picking on you DR. ;)

This goes with this thread. Joanfenn has been bugging me put up some pics taken with our new camera. Heres our Walking Dead Winnie we put together:
M & J

DRMousseau

Quote from: Rickf1985 on March 22, 2017, 07:09 PM
I think the giant cabinet and door in the background and especially the word "Tonka" on the tire is kind of a dead give away.

I can already envision an arm system that would work, not slide but lift and curl. The top would be rather top-heavy though.

Ya know,... in the tiny side bar pic, I couldn't see "Tonka" or any other detail. It looked like it was in a HUGE pole barn, warehouse, or something. UNTILL I CLICKED ON IT!!!! The larger pic was much more disappointing ??? .

A levered arm-lift sorta mechanism would be an option, Hm? .... would nearly be a 4' lift!!! It wouldn't be as wide as most canopies, being limited to the 8' width of the RV. And weight? Well, built light, it would still be hefty, especially if it was 34' long! But a rubber roof can exceed a couple hundred pounds,... add weight of a conventional canopy and hardware,.... mmm, still might be a thought!!! Of course if it ever came loose,..... D:oH!
Welcome,..
DR Mousseau - Proprietor

Winnebago Warrior 94

I used to have one of the Tonka winnebago  when I was younger ..loved that winnebago  😃

CapnDirk

To all us us old folks, God bless Tonka for the memories!   :)ThmbUp
"Anything given sufficient propulsion will fly!  Rule one!  Maintain propulsion"

"I say we nuke the site from orbit.  It's the only way to be sure"

CapnDirk

And sticking zombies next to a Winnebago is just BENT!   :)rotflmao

But who of us would not cheer on the 77 Brave that was piling through a crowd them with guns blazing? 
"Anything given sufficient propulsion will fly!  Rule one!  Maintain propulsion"

"I say we nuke the site from orbit.  It's the only way to be sure"