Frontier Class C reno's

Started by Gearhead88, February 25, 2017, 05:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gearhead88

Cheer's Rick 

I used to run it year round , In the winter,  it got limited use so I started shutting it down to save on operating cost , maintenance , wear and tear  . Usually it is up and running again by mid March.

It's old , not sure how old it is as it came with the house and didn't run when I moved in back in 2000 .  It's a basic model with only 5 jets but it's still in great shape for its age. I've rebuilt the pump , done some updates to the heat exchanger and plumbing  in the time I've owned this house.
By not using it in the coldest weeks of the year I'm kind of extending it's life and saving myself the hassle of keeping it running .
A friend  had to cut his up with a reciprocating saw and haul it to the land fill after it was shut down and froze . He was going through an ugly divorce , had moved out hastily , his soon to be ex wife shut it off in a rage resulting in the freeze up.

Gearhead88

We got us a puppy last year , she was seven months old when she came home , she's about a year old in this picture , about 105lbs of love.

ClydesdaleKevin

Kev and Patti, the furry kids, our 1981 Ford F-100 Custom tow vehicle, and our 1995 Itasca Suncruiser Diesel Pusher.

Gearhead88

Thankyou , she's a handful , eats a lot , poops a lot and  she's a barrel o laughs. 

ClydesdaleKevin

Mastiff, right?  Switch her over to grain free food if you haven't already, and I highly recommend either Taste Of The Wild, or Blue Wilderness.  It will not only make her live longer with less hip, bone, and joint problems later on...it will also make her poop less...lol!  Not as much added bulk to the food and all that.  Also, since she is a large breed, if you haven't gotten her spayed yet, wait until she is at least 2 years old, and 3 is better.  Waiting pretty much almost eliminates hip displasia later on.  But make sure you spay her by around three to prevent breast cancer and uterus problems later on.  She looks like a sweetie!!!

Kev
Kev and Patti, the furry kids, our 1981 Ford F-100 Custom tow vehicle, and our 1995 Itasca Suncruiser Diesel Pusher.

Gearhead88

Thank's for the tips ,  the breed is Cane Corso ( Italian mastiff ) she's just over a year old and has not been spayed yet. She's growing up quickly but still very much a puppy. The last two or three months , she's become very protective of the house and yard , I'm good with that as this is a shitty neighborhood. Some obedience training is in the plans , she's easily distracted outside the yard and has scared a few people . Her curious side has me worried , some times , when she's off the lead out in the park she takes off  to check out people or people walking dogs , that can get kinda tense. She's quite intimidating , her bark and growl is scary to most people. When we leave the yard , I try to keep her on the lead more now , too bad because she like to run , me not so much , I'm old and my knees are hurtin , I can not run  anymore.

ClydesdaleKevin

That is what Mastiffs were bred to do...guard.  They are awesome doggos.  I hear ya about getting older and not wanting to run anymore...lol!

Gearhead88

Good luck on your adventures and congrats on the new rig !

ClydesdaleKevin

Rickf1985

Definitely get obedience training if she is getting that way. The last thing you need is a confrontation that will not have a happy ending. You will find that some dogs just cannot be off lead but most can be after training but not before at least 6-9 months bare minimum of training. It is fine around the yard but not outside the yard. The dog has to be fully trained to listen to commands as second nature without question. This seems mean to a lot of people but it is actually enjoyable to the animals because it gives them purpose. They are always trying to please and by following commands they are doing just that and that makes them and you happy. The mistake most people make is to ignore the trainers and start letting the dog off leash to soon and they learn bad habits. an hour of bad habit takes 40 hours of retraining to get rid of. She is a beautiful pup.

Gearhead88

Will do Rick , we're looking at a couple of different trainers and  we'll make a choice here real soon .

Betty has  been a good addition to our home ,  I wouldn't want anything nasty to happen as a result of us not getting proper training.

Gearhead88

Pup training is progressing nicely , we have hired a dog trainer and he has us all onboard with the program . As per his recommendations ,  a great many dog owners are the ones needing correction . He has successfully advised us on a number of areas to focus on . Our pup , now 120 lbs has learned some manners and we have a much better behaving dog . Everyone is happy !!

Rickf1985

:)ThmbUp :)ThmbUp :)ThmbUp  Yes, It is usually the owners that need as much or more training than the animals.