Rebuilding Hydrovac brake booster M375

Started by roma, February 24, 2017, 02:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

roma

Today my  revision set to rebuild the hydrovac booster from my m375 double booster chassis arrived in the Netherlands thanks to Reman inc Atlanta.
Now I am still waiting on a complete booster wich I ordered by presicionbuilders wich didn t need the old core back and stilloffered a great price.
When that one arrive I can do the job in one time. Take one of replace for the new one ,rebuild that one and replace for the second one.
I already found out that bleeding the system cam only be done properly with a profesional bleeding device.
Iknow that becauce I had to bleed because both boosters are leaking inside the diagram so my mastercilinder ended up empty.

Because of this side I was able to find out the right parts thanks for that, the forum has been I great help for all the jobs I had to perform on my 73  Indian 

stanDman111

ata boy , not a simple job, keep us posted on the outcome, some photos would be nice , got to go there some day on my rig

roma

I tried to post some pictures but the forum kept telling they where to big but find it out now how it works.
Ican post some pictures of the winnie als well now

DaveVA78Chieftain

Not sure if this will help you or not Dave's Place Bendix Hydro-Vac Brake Systems

Most of that is taken directly fom the Dodge Motorhome Service Manual with additional information I had come across here and there.
[move][/move]

stanDman111

silly question, what did the kit set  you back ?if you don't mind
thanks

roma

I allready used it several times Daves page ,but I also have the complete Dodge manual.
Had to use it several times already and I can t do without.
The rebuild set cost me 85 dollar ,the complete hydrovac 236 dollar.
Pretty reasonable prices although before they are here in the Netherlands they wil be a bit more expensive due to customs and invoice tax.

Gr Roma