Hello all!

Started by HVACguy, January 10, 2017, 08:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HVACguy

Hello from East Tennessee! ( Maryville). Well my little dream is coming to fruition. I have long wanted an RV, and at this point plan to retire into one in the near ( hopefully
) future! So on March 1st I am flying to New Mexico ( my home town of Albuquerque) to pick up dads 1989 Winnebago Warrior 27 ft Class C( my " beginner RV"), and drive it back to TN. ( 1400 miles, so Im a little nervous!) Anyway, I got a lifetime membership right out the gate, as I believe I will be on here often. Look forward to being a part of this community! Will get some pics up ASAP>

LJ-TJ

:)ThmbUp Well let me be one of the first to welcome you aboard. I wouldn't be to nervous about making the trip. The big secret is preparation, preparation, preparation and don't be in a rush. Do a hundred miles at a time and before you no it your home. If you get into trouble on the road just post there's a ton of help here. Remember the most important thing here is the DUMBEST QUESTION YOU CAN ASK HERE IS THE ONE YOU DON'T ASK. Stay in touch.

ClydesdaleKevin

Kev and Patti, the furry kids, our 1981 Ford F-100 Custom tow vehicle, and our 1995 Itasca Suncruiser Diesel Pusher.

HandyDan

Welcome to the group.  Everyone is a little nervous before starting out.  The "what ifs" will make you lose sleep.  Get a good roadside assistance policy like Coachnet, Good Sam, AAA, or something similar.  In the case you have a problem, breakdown, flat tire, lockout, or who knows what, they can be a lifesaver (literally).  I have had to use Good Sam RA twice and they have been very helpful in getting my rig towed to a mechanic.  It is worth every bit of the modest fee (usually less than $100)  they charge.  It will cost way more than that to pay for onsite assistance without it.  Just Google RV Roadside Assistance.
1984 Holiday Rambler
1997 Newmar Kountry Star

HVACguy

Thanks for the welcome!

M & J

Getting a lifetime membership was the second smartest thing you did.

And TJ didnt warn you, but watch out for the crazies here.....

Welcome aboard.
M & J

plockit007

Hello All: I have been on here for a few years. I also would like to Welcome all of our new members to the club. I started my first RV a 1973 Minnie Winnie back in 1975 (I think). making a long story short I presently have a 1975 Chieftain for the past 8 years or so. Since I am aging things are coming along slowly. A few problems here and there.

It is a challenge to find parts. I do like the improvise part of making the rig work. I totally would love to get my rig out more...presently I just had my Carter TQ rebuilt. Still having issues getting it to work correctly. But I will.

I would like to see if any other members from Colorado Springs would like to get together and share ideas. If not I can just hope that there are enough members here to get info from.

I'm a past "Keep On Truckin" sort of guy. I love the chance to help out where I can.