holiday rambler imperal 33 windshield needed

Started by boohoo222, January 08, 2017, 08:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

boohoo222

does anyone know what year model windshield will also fit a 1981
1978 dodge coachmen class c 23ft                       1978 chevy open road class b

plockit007

Hi I think your best bet would be to go to a local auto glass. They can look up stuff like that. Is it slightly curved or flat glass (Tinted) You may even try your local salvage yard.

I always have to improvise my parts or check on Craigslist locally. Pretty hard to find what I would like to get.

ClydesdaleKevin

Go down to a glass dealer and see if they are still available.  I know that on our 1989 Holiday Rambler Imperial 35, the glass is still available...we were quoted 400.00 a side, installed, at a place in Apache Junction, AZ.

Kev
Kev and Patti, the furry kids, our 1981 Ford F-100 Custom tow vehicle, and our 1995 Itasca Suncruiser Diesel Pusher.

boohoo222

1978 dodge coachmen class c 23ft                       1978 chevy open road class b

TerryH

Go to an auto glass supplier/installer and request a quote. Ask for it in writing, including the NAGS part number. That number is an international identifier for that particular Auto Glass part. It identifies vehicle/vehicles it fits, international mold as a bent glass item, suppliers and availability.
That NAGS number identifies your windshield glass, left or right. Will NOT identify side glass that is flat. Main reason being that your bent glass windshield is considered structural, and therefore covered by MOT, DOT (or whatever, depending on where you live) regulations to prevent - as far as possible - you being thrown out in a collision. Much like seat belts and air bags.
Anyway, once you have the NAGS number, start calling around for pricing. The benefit to you is that you know exactly what you need. Many RV's, especially class A's used the same windshields, regardless of coach manufacturer.
Go to a glass shop and say - I have a 1987 Iasca TreeBark, they'll have a hell of a time finding what you need. Tell them you need a NAGS 994 shade (because you did your due diligence and found the NAGS number) you will be treated and quoted far differently.
If you have problems acquiring the NAGS identifier, look and record the numbers on the bottom left corner and the bottom right corner - from outside - of your windshields. Google the numbers.
The above is only applicable to bent (curved) windshields. If yours is flat it is cut in shop.
It is not our abilities that show what we truly are - it is our choices.
Albus Dumbledore

RANGERRICK

If you contact a good RV dealer and give them the numbers off the windshield,they should be able to contact Coach Glass @ 800-714-7171 and order it for you and install it.

boohoo222

thanks yall ill do that....I contacted holiday rambler direct and they have never responded back

TerryH

Not surprised as it is not a standard in stock item. Again, determine the NAGS identification number and then call around - dependant on where you are - for pricing. As with anything who you deal with will determine what you get.
Billy Bob's Super Discount Auto Glass, or a national company.
It is not our abilities that show what we truly are - it is our choices.
Albus Dumbledore

tmsnyder

Holiday Rambler won't write back, probably b/c they were bought by Monaco.  They may not have interest in supporting a vintage unit. 

I have a Holiday Rambler too!  31' AlumaLite XL