Hello All!!!

Started by ralis, October 26, 2016, 03:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ralis

Hi, My name is Ralis and I live in SoCal. I own a partially converted 35' foot bus and the wife will not drive it, in fact she wants it gone :(

She wants a classic Winnebago, she likes the '73 and feels she would be comfortable driving a Brave or maybe even an Indian. The big thing is, she does not like the combo toilet/shower it freaks her out for some reason. Which models have the separate toilet and shower?

We just got married two weeks ago and I have to leave to work in China for 4.5 months so no honeymoon for now. The plan is to pick up a classic winnie and restore it before next October and do a two or three week road trip visiting various Haunted Attractions (it's our thing) for our honeymoon and perhaps Halloween in New Orleans.

Any suggestions are welcome, like the best place to find classic winnebagos? Look for the separate shower model or gut it and put it in ourselves? Any resources at all really.

Oh yes I almost forgot we will live in it part time as well. We just bought a house but could not afford one in Los Angeles so we went out to the desert (Yucca Valley) about 2:15 east and got a great property and I don't have to pay to park anymore! We still work in LA quite a bit so we rent an Air B&B when needed. we want to replace that with the Winnebago!

Thanks in advance,
Ralis
1973 Winnebago D18 with a 318

LJ-TJ

Oh Boy! Did you open a Pandora's box. First: Welcome aboard mate you came to the right place. Your surely aren't going to come up short of opinions here. In California you shouldn't have any trouble picking up a half decent rig. Check out T.J.'s list of Bago's every now and then some nice rigs come up for sale out your way. If the sweetie could get over the shower thing then the 1975 21 foot Brave is just the ticket. It is actually shorter than a 1978 Lincoln  Town car which is 22' long. Your Mrs. could wheel that rig around like a sports car and at 21 foot you can park it down town in a regular parking spot. Any way there's tons of info here to help you out. 

Rickf1985

Older Winnies are out there but I am looking at your signature and you describe a 1990 Wayne bus. I can guarantee you that any Winnebago you get will not drive even close to as stable as that bus so just keep that in mind. Picture going from Porsche to tuna boat as far as handling goes. It is a motor home thing and you get used to it but just putting it out there so you know.

C&T2

I believe most of the Braves from mid 70's are combined toilet/shower. The Indian usually has them separate. I have a '74 Indian D23, which is moderately longer than the Brave, but I love the layout so much more.

Winnebago has PDFs of their sales brochures on their website for most of their models. Great way to become more familiar with all of the various floor plans available!

LJ-TJ

A link would be nice. Hm?

roda

Quote from: LJ-TJ on October 27, 2016, 05:00 AM
A link would be nice. Hm?

https://winnebagoind.com/product-resources/product-information

All product informations are as a PDF-File available, you only have to select year and model type.
c.u. Roland

Oz

This is one of many links found in our members area resource section too!

:)
1969 D22, 2 x 1974 D24 Indians, 1977 27' Itasca