Let the adventures begin

Started by kerryb, October 23, 2016, 09:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kerryb

We are now the awestruck owners of a 1985 Winnebago chieftain.  All the systems work, 6 new tires, 54000 miles and no clue as to what to do first.  Long range plan...drive to Arkansas to be sure it really is there.  But first I have to winterize it for a Buffalo, NY winter. 

It's all part of the adventure...

tmsnyder

Hey you're right around the corner from me.  I need to winterize mine sometime soon too.

Froggy1936

A couple Tips, Make absolutly sure the hot water tank is empty or it will split open  Anti freeze the sink & shower traps (i use old anti freeze drained out of my veh that i saved ) 1 Quart per drain is plenty  & the excess will take care of any water left in the grey tank another quart in the toilet for any water left in the black tank and to protect the gate valves Make sure your tanks are all drained and all water lines and pump are empty , I lost a pump due to freezing so i also remove both in and out lines  run pump for 5 sec  lines off  Remove all liquid items & flashlight batterys , Any salt or sugar will solidify over winter from dampness  Block refrigerator doors partially open (odors) I leave my camper plugged in all winter so veh and house batts are well charged I also  leave a roof vent slightly open to allow moisture to get out (wont do much if covered)   Good Luck see ya in the spring Oh ya dont forget about the critters  Frank
"The Journey is the REWARD !"
Member of 15 years. We will always remember you, Frank.