Quote Kennedy: Ich bin ein Berliner

Started by roda, October 19, 2016, 11:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

roda

Dear Winnebago owners,
i start with a white lie. I live only near by Berlin, but I didn't want to write again that there ist a new german in the community. This is no Invasion and realy nobody knows a town named Königs Wusterhausen!!!!
I am in the critical age of german man, where they buy Winnebagos => 46.
At the moment i own a quite special RV. It is an old fire engine founded on a 1961er dodge W200. The cabin was reworked by a swiss company called MOWAG. I try to attach some pictures.
But the real reason, why i joined this comunity ist: in the next years i want to buy a Winnebago Brave (18/20") built in 1972 or 1973 and Thomas alias Schmitti gave me the link to this forum.
When i won't find one, i will drive to Dettenheim and fetch the one of Markus in a dark and foggie night. He bought exact the Winebago that i am looking for. Congratulations, but keep your eyes open :D.
c.u. Roland

Rickf1985

Welcome Roland, And I personally like the German invasion. I wish I could move over there, or even visit. It is a beautiful country. I have not been there since 1975.
That Dodge is a nice piece of equipment! Does it have the flathead 6 cylinder engine in it?
There are a lot of the older Winnebagos for sale over here but the big problem is inspecting them first to be sure they are worth buy and spending what I figure is probably a lot of money just to ship it over there. THEN you still have to work on it.

Rick

Rickf1985

I had to look up the saying on the side, Fernweh. The urge to travel, Wanderlust. That is appropriate and I like the addition of the 24/7

roda

Hi Rick,
the engine is a V8 318 Poly/A-Type small block.
I know, that a Winnebago in this age will need much love and time. Schmitti's Winnebago shows that in an impressive way.
It is funny, that you also use the word Wanderlust. I didn't know that. I thought it was only used in german language.
c.u. Roland
P.S.: you should travel to Germany/Europe and you can be shure, that some things have been changed since 1975. It is also o.k., when you come by ship with a Winnebago in your luggage. I will store it for you for your next trip in 40 years when you fly back  ;)

Rickf1985

One thing I learned a long time ago is that it pays to have friends that live in a country you want to visit. You can be sure to get better guidance on where to go and what to see and where NOT to go from people that live there. If I can ever afford to come over I will be sure to look you up along with the others on here from Germany and Netherlands. I also belong to a antique military vehicle forum and we have a lot of members from Germany and Netherlands, And Sweden.

Schmitti

Hello Roland
I'm glad you found the way to the forum :)clap . I hope with you, that you get here still further insights into the old babies and your desire soon comes true :) .

@ Rick ... for you here my door would be open at any time ;)

Thomas
Understeer is when you see the tree, if you'll take. Oversteer is when you only hear him on impact.

Rickf1985