Holiday Rambler no power at battery charger

Started by Turbodime, October 16, 2016, 11:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Turbodime

Just got back from a short trip to Yuma.  We were hooked up and in the middle of the night started hearing the LP detector chirp.  Went and checked it out and the coach batteries were at 10vdc.  Controls to fridge were out as well.
Went and tested batteries and yep, they were at 10v.  Went out and checked charger and no humming noise. 

Charger is behind a wooden shield.  I removed that and checked it and found no 120v coming from the outlet the charger plugs into.   

Went and checked breakers and nothing is listed for this outlet and I havent found where this circuit goes to.

Does anyone know where the breaker for this is? 

Luckily I carry a battery charger with me and I plugged it into my fridge outlet and charged the batteries.

Thanks for any help.

Rickf1985

Generally the breakers cover a whole bank of outlets like right side for one and left side for the other. So if it is just that one outlet it could be a bad outlet. These things used the same outlets that the old mobile homes used to use where the wires just pass through and are pushed down between two blades that cut the insulation and that is your connection. Needless to say this works loose after a few years of movement. Scary huh? If you have power on outlets on booth sides of that one I would check out the outlet itself.

Turbodime

Good call.  I didn't check the wires coming to it.  I'll check  tomorrow.  Spent the day working on other rv projects.