Ignition 1975 Winnebago 440-3 Part Numbers

Started by LJ-TJ, October 16, 2016, 10:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LJ-TJ

Dumb question. If you found crud in the carb from you tank then chances your carb MAY need a good cleaning. But have you check the fuel filter between the fuel tank and the carb. Trouble shooting is tough. I just had a similar situation. Have you checked to see if the carb is flooding it's self. Check down the barrels of the carb and see if it's swimming in gas. The jets in mine were staying open allowing fuel to just keep dripping into the carb and flooding it's self out. Some times it would start just fine but wouldn't stay running, or back fire, run rough. 

Rickf1985

TJ, Do you realize you just went full circle on this thread and ended up answering your own original post? W% :D

LJ-TJ

D:oH! D:oH! I'm loosing it. I know. I'm soooooo fare in over my head on this project my brain has collapsed. To many irons in the fire and not focusing on just one. Just bought two new 6 volt Trojan batteries, hooked them up expecting to get 12 Volts or 14 volt and got 11.7 @#%&. As said had trouble getting the @#%& running ended up trying to figure out carb stuff. I'm amazed you and Dave are even still speaking to me. ??? :( D:oH! I'm thinking you two have already come to the conclusion I'm not a mechanic. i?? $@!#@!   

Rickf1985

Were the batteries charged? If you got 11.7 then they were hooked up right. is this measurement AT the battery or somewhere in the coach?

LJ-TJ

It's off the digital read out on my 1750 watt Eliminator  inverter.

Rickf1985

Well, you might want to start a new thread on this in the electrical section. That could be a normal reading if you have been drawing that much out of them for a while.

LJ-TJ

M & J

Canadians. Cant live with em, cant live without em.  :)clap
M & J

CapnDirk

Quote from: Rickf1985 on October 18, 2016, 01:10 PM
Throttle full out, mixture lean, mag off. Turn engine two full revolutions. Throttle 1/3, mixture rich, mag on, all clear, CONTACT!

Oh, sorry....................... simpler place and time! :-[ :)rotflmao :)rotflmao :)rotflmao

And the guy that was hand propping it will be grateful you did't get it backwards. :D
"Anything given sufficient propulsion will fly!  Rule one!  Maintain propulsion"

"I say we nuke the site from orbit.  It's the only way to be sure"

CapnDirk

As to the original problem, the float needle as well can get debris in it and hold it open.  And those floats can also crack and become non floatie.
"Anything given sufficient propulsion will fly!  Rule one!  Maintain propulsion"

"I say we nuke the site from orbit.  It's the only way to be sure"

moezart

Canadians are so nice, trying to fix my problem on your thread :)rotflmao
My carburetor is good. I thought I might see if that was your issue. . .and yes, I checked both my filters, before my fuel pump, and after my fuel pump. :)

M & J

Some of the best times I've had on this site has been in the company of my friends to the north.
Anyway, we now return you to your regularly scheduled programming.
M & J